Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCA Dependency on older SCA Patchlevel

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

tl;dr:

Is there a way to check SCA dependency for an older patchlevel which is not longer listed in SWDC?

The whole problem:

we have the problem, that we computed a stack with MOPZ (+ Apply Java Patches in Step 2.6) for a PI (Java Stack only) upgrade a few days ago. Within the Stack there are (aside many other SCAs) the following two:

ENGINEAPI 7.40 SP 12 Patchlevel 8

J2EE ENGINE FRAMEWORK 7.40 SP 12 Patchlevel 2

Because we need that Patchlevel 8 of ENGINEAPI due to an ELSTER (German Tax) upgrade, I would like to do a SCA dependency analysis of that very ENGINEAPI 7.40 SP 12 Patchlevel 8.

However, SAP already released ENGINEAPI 7.40 SP 12 Patchlevel 9 and so the SCA dependency analysis will by default only work for that patchlevel, see for example: https://apps.support.sap.com/sap(bD1kZSZjPTAwMQ==)/support/swdc/dependency/main.do?objid=00200797470...

As you can see, the dependency analysis for ENGINEAPI 7.40 SP 12 Patchlevel 9 outputs J2EE ENGINE FRAMEWORK 7.40 SP 12 Patchlevel 3.

How can I be sure that ENGINEAPI 7.40 SP 12 Patchlevel 8 only needs J2EE ENGINE FRAMEWORK 7.40 SP 12 Patchlevel 2?

Many thanks and kind regards

Jens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jens,

This is a very interesting question.

Basically the information is lost. The dependency analysis tool only displays the current and latest information. It does not store historical information.

But there is a way you can figure out if the dependency is correct, but is a bit complicated. Go to the Support Packages and Patches portal and locate your component (ENGINEAPI 7.40 SP 12) then locate the line with the latest patch and click on the "Info" link.

This will give you a list of the fixes and the corresponding notes(!).

Now you also have to locate the dependent components (in this case: SERVERCORE, APPLICATIONS, CORE TOOLS and FRAMEWORK) and check the "Info" link for them too. You have to compare the notes you see here.

As I can see for J2EEFRMW12P patch level 3 (which was issued 2 month ago) this note is present: 2205937. In ENGINEAPI component this note can be seen at patch level 4.

The bottom line is the ENGINEAPI SP12 component was already dependent on J2EEFRMW12P patch level 3 since patch level 4.

In other words, ENGINEAPI12P patch level 4 already required J2EEFRMW12P patch level 3.

So the answer is no, ENGINEAPI 7.40 SP 12 Patchlevel 8 needs J2EE ENGINE FRAMEWORK 7.40 SP 12 Patchlevel 3.

I would rely on this information and when I do the dependency analysis I would always download all the required files from SMP. This way you would not run into such problems.

Best Regards,

Peter

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter, you are the hero of the day. And I'm the fool of the day, I suppose.

I did not listen correctly to our Basis guy when he read out the components to me. J2EE ENGINE FRAMEWORK 7.40 SP 12 Patchlevel is really on Patchlevel 6 in our computed stack, not on Patchlevel 2.

So we're good to go

But this shouldn't diminish your excellent answer. I'll be happy to mark yours as correct, but I want to take the chance to maybe get some other solution from another expert in this field.

Will come back here in the next days.

Thanks again a heap for your answer. Have a good one

Cheers

Jens

Answers (0)