cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disallow some material numbers to be used when creating an SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to review all previous discussion and I cannot find a solution to my issue here. I would like to exclude the selection of some material numbers when creating new SD. How do I do that? I tried even VB01, but when creating a new SD the material number I excluded can be still selected.

Thank you for any usefull suggestion.

Best Regards,

Salvatore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure that I understood your question.

What are you selecting, where, how?

What do you mean by SD - quotation, inquiry, order... something completely different?

Some screenshots of what exactly you are doing could certainly help, also some screenshots of some customizing settings... probably... no idea what to ask at the moment...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

sorry, you are right...I meant SD orders. I created a new set of material numbers, let's say from 1000 to 9999 and I would like to block the possibilities to use the old ones from 1 to 999. I hope this explanation gives a better picture.

thank you

BR

Salvatore

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you wish to prevent people from using these materials in sales orders, one option is to block the material in the sales view with appropriate status, second option is to use exclusion, third option is material substitution - each has advantages and disadvantages.

In your case - exclusion, you can turn on the analysis and check why the condition is not determined in the order.

Also double-check the customizing - if you have forgotten to set up something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I case I want to block the material number at SD order level which of the fiedl in the Material status do I have to fill in?

thank you

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I meant not material status, but sales status, apologies for the confusion.

When in SPRO search for DEFINE SALES STATUSES and you will find it (this is how I usually reach it).

Here is one example for sales status:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just created a sales status and I updated it within MM02. Now when creating an SD order with that material number the system gives me an error...it was exactly what I was looking for.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

Learning for me, but had to search the SPRO path. I believe would be beneficial to mention it here in case other newbies like myself want to test.

SPRO>Logistics General>Material Master>Data Relevant to sales & distribution> Define Sales Statuses

Thanks.

Answers (0)