Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Substitution based on safety stockobsolete

kmuzair
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a requirement as below:

• If item is phase out (obsoleted) and it has existing stock we need to maintain replacement item instead of the obsoleted one, so need system to trigger warning message and showing the alternative item at the same time to make user save the SO.

• If item is phase out (obsoleted) and it has no stock we need to maintain replacement item instead of the obsoleted one, so need system to trigger Error message and showing the alternative item and to prevent user to save the SO.

I have seen the material determination, i can replace the material, but my concern is that it should look into stock of the ENTERED material.

Thank you guys.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In both cases (available stock and no available stock) you are not planning to sell the phased out product.

Then why you would need a different treatment for warning/error message?

Substitution could be useful as a short-term solution in the transition period, but the users still need to learn the new product codes at some point in time.

In some companies people don't even use substitution for such phased-out articles- they just block the obsolete product for sales and inform the sales representatives which is the successor.