cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MaxDB Maximum Database Size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is the maximum recommended MaxDB 1 TB Database size still relevant on latest MaxDB version 7.9.08.36?

I have a client who is currently on 970 GB.  Is it necessary to migrate them to another Database before we start experiencing issues?  Are there any SAP notes about this I can use as motivation?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean 16 TB database size?

32 TB support will be introduced with MaxDB 7.9.09, which we plan to release this year (maybe Q3 or late Q2?).
In case you want to test the 32 TB version of 7.9.09 as a pilot, let me know.

Regards,
Thorsten

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

In case this was not a typo: no, let me ensure you that we never had a 1 TB size limit - where did you get that information from? Even MaxDB 7.3 released about 15 years ago would not have a 1 TB limit...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten

Thanks for your response.

During the SAP basis academy and also from colleagues it was mentioned that a SAP MaxDB database starts to experience issues if it exceeds 1 TB, especially on performance?

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Willem,

I am not aware of any issues MaxDB should experience above 1 TB. Indeed we have many customers running MaxDB happiliy way above 1 TB. But of course there are cases when a relational database is at a disadvantage, e.g. for large BW systems - for these applications, I would recommend SAP HANA. Other than that, I do not see a problem with MaxDB.
Could it be that the people you have heard that statement from did not have much experience with MaxDB?

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks, that is good to know!

Will keep to the current solution, and keep on monitoring the average response time.

Answers (0)