cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCC creates continuous db connections

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have SAP Control Center 3.3 running on a Windows server for monitoring a SAP IQ 16 database running on a Linux server.

One of the SCC users has continuous database connections to the SAP IQ server even though he is not connect to SCC, about three per day. Apparently, there is no logic in what times his SCC user is initiating a connection. No SQL code is registered for the session when I run sp_iqcontext.

I have configured timeout settings on both the database and SCC application side but still the connections continue to pop up and prevail until the whole connection pool is used and no other sessions can be created.

Does any of you have any idea what is causing this and how I can resolve this issue?

Regards,

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Finally, the situation was resolved.

It appeared there was a local installation of SCC on a host PC that caused the continuous connections.

Thus, any timeout values I configured on the SCC server had no effects there.

The host ID of the iq_connection output verified that the connections were initiated from the local PC and not from the SCC server.

Regards,

Alexander

Gisung
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

That's good news!!.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Gisung
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get the debugging info. on IQ side as follows.

** Please refer to the below KBA.

2173714 - [SAP IQ] How to get the debugging information when connection and communication issues happen.

https://i7p.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/2173714

Could you try to use a Cockpit instead of SCC?

Thanks

Gi-Sung Jang

0 Kudos

Hi Gi-Sung

Thanks for your advice.

Cockpit is not really an option because I wish to have one single interface for administrating and monitoring several Sybase IQ database servers.

Cockpit can support only one server at the time.

Regarding debugging the connection I am uncertain if that will help. After all, no connection is aborted. The connection just remains connected while new connections from the same SCC user keeps popping up at infrequent times, filling up the connection pool.

I have tried restarting the SCC service but to no avail.

Regards,

Alexander