Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing idoc to soap scenario in SOAP UI

vinaymittal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am aware of the testing steps for soap to soap  in soap ui but i couldnt figure out how to test non soap to soap scenario in soap ui i know it must be possible to just upload the receiver wsdl and place the communication channel url in the endpoint url place but it doesnt work for me  am i following the wrong procedure here

Steps i followed

1)took WSDL(request response both in same wsdl) from inbound Service interface , tried to take wsdl given by client but soap ui said nothing to import in wsdl

2)create new soap project

3)Run after providing credentials...

Regards

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's kinda hard to follow what you try to achieve. Maybe you could clarify some more. Adding minimal punctuation would also help a deal

Anyways, assuming some things here:

1. You have a scenario like SAP (IDoc) --> PI --> 3rd Party Webservice Provider (SOAP)
  2. You are trying to import the WSDL given by the 3rd party to soapUI

Solutions to your problem:

• Go and grab the newest version of soapUI, if not already done
  • Get the WSDL of your 3rd party webservice provider and save it with the extension ".wsdl" (assuming you are working on a Windows PC)
  • Got to File --> New SOAP Project
  • Give a Project Name and your saved WSDL
  • Make sure "Create sample requests for all operations" is checked
  • Hit ok

You should then have a Project with one or more Bindings. Each Binding can have one or more operations. SoapUI built you an example request for each operation (you checked that box upon project creation, didn't you).

If that is not working for you, come back with more detail. If possible, provide the WSDL (or a link to the WSDL)

HTH

Cheers

Jens

vinaymittal
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am trying to test a proxy to SOAP Scenario in SOAP UI

i want to do send only the Target or SOAP Request message to the SOAP Receiver via SOAP UI

ex

source Message type coming from Proxy

<A>

<b><fdfdd</b>

</A

after mapping

Target Message type

<A>

<C>dfsdfdfsd</C>

</A>

so Target message type comes from the wsdl file given by the SOAP Receiver...

I want to skip mapping and just send the data to SOAP Receiver can i do that?

Please tell how to do that and which wsdl to import

I have tested soap to soap scenario so i know hoe to make a new project how to import wsdl and then create sample requests for all options what i dont know is why isnt the WSDL getting imported and why it throws error nothing to import.

Regards

Vinay

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

vinay mittal wrote:

Please tell how to do that and which wsdl to import

Yes you can do that. As already said, import the WSDL of the webservice provider in soapUI. Please do not mix up with any WSDL you are extracting from your PI system. I'm talking about the WSDL of the 3rd party, e.g. like tihs one. You then input the result of your mapping (of course within the soap body) and you should be good to go. Of course you could also just make up the request manually, if you know your way around the request structure.

Does this make sense? Come back, if not.

Please note: Would be easier if you post the 3rd party webservice if not being confidential here so others could try to import the WSDL to soapUI and maybe get the same error as you (or not and help you setup your soapUI correctly).

Cheers

Jens

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

if you want to do that and test in PI server , make sure you have to send correct format/structure data to webservices server to run successful

in case you are just want to test  wsdl file in soap ui tool which you had got from webservices team then also you can test in tool

why it throws error nothing to import.

are you sure you got correct formate wsdl file ?

to just make sure that correct or not - can you just try to import that wsdl in External definition?

in acse you not able to import then , you can ask your soap team why that is wrong..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

i guess you are just planing to test Webservices server whether you can share data to that server from SOAP Ui tool right.

then you can follow like below,

1.you have to get WSDL file from Webservices team

2.import that same in SOAP UI tool, and start testing.

Note: if you working on inbound webservices you should get the WSDL file,  also if you get only URL link then you can't get wsdl file your own.

1)took WSDL(request response both in same wsdl) from inbound Service interface , tried to take wsdl given by client but soap ui said nothing to import in wsdl

this is wrong what you did.

vinaymittal
Contributor
0 Kudos

but when i import the wsdl given by client it says nothing to import and gives error

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alternate way to upload WSDL is take the target url add ?wsdl to that and paste this in soap ui when asked to import wsdl.