cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenaria of getting data from sql server to sap with web service?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I wanna learn about relationship between sql server and sap  while using web service to get data from sql server.

Im kinda new about web services so I need little bit preinformation.

Firstly ? Which scenarios may occur between those two system,

Secondly? What is the all steps to follow while creating web service to fetch data from sql server

any help or suggestion will be appreciate .

thank u

best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

luisdarui
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kutay,

Let me try to understand:

You have SAP running on (what database server?) and you want to extract data from SQL Server? Is this correct?

Check this wiki document for the available connections that we support to SQL Server:

Remote MS SQL Server database connections - SAP on SQL Server - SCN Wiki

If you can provide more details of this scenario you want to use it may be helpful to assist you.

Best Regards,

Luis Darui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Client has sap running on R/3 system and they already have company data on another sql server,

Im gonna get data from sql server to sap with web services, this is what client planned.

I wanna  know what is all steps to do this, I just need preinformation to start.

best regards.

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kutay,

And which application / transaction will be used at the R/3 system to collect data from the SQL Server through the web services?

You would need to look for a configuration guide for such application / transaction, to see whether this is even possible.

In case you would be building custom applications ("Z-programs"), what I can comment is that you would need to create an HTTP destination of type "G" at the transaction SM59.

Your custom application would then need to call this destination in order to connect to the web services.

Best regards,

Isaías