cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI: Channel Monitoring URL for Helpdesk-View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is it possible to get Access to one Monitoring page? We have a Helpdesk that needs to check one Interface which periodically creates failures.

I wolud like to give the People at the Helpdesk a link which leads them directly to the Monitoring page for this Interface. They just Need to check whether their are stuck Messages or not.

regards

Christian Gessner

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

As Vikas and Maheswarareddy suggested earlier, the most straightforward way would be to configure alerting for that interface and include Helpdesk team in recipients list for alerts.

But if you really need to have a link to access Message Monitor page for a specific integration scenario, you may call Message Monitor and pass additional parameters in a URL (parameters in URL will help to avoid necessity of manually entering filter criteria in Message Monitor):

http(s)://<PI / load balancer host><HTTP(S) port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~ui~mainframe~wd/FloorPlanApp?applicationID=com.sap.itsam.mon.xi.msg&<message filter criteria>

For example, if I would like to display messages in error status for a specific interface (scenario |Generic|TestObjects_Out||) for today, I would call URL:

http(s)://<PI / load balancer host><HTTP(S) port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~ui~mainframe~wd/FloorPlanApp?applicationID=com.sap.itsam.mon.xi.msg&scenario_id=|Generic|TestObjects_Out||&status=AllContainingErrors&start_date=20160225&end_date=20160225&start_time=000000&end_time=235900

As a result, I will get Message Monitor with filter criteria pre-filled based on provided URL parameters and corresponding messages selected and displayed:

Following values for status parameter are valid: All, AllContainingErrors, toBeDelivered, delivering, success, systemError, waiting, holding, canceled, undefined, copied, applicationError.

Start and end dates shall follow format: yyyyMMdd, start and end times - HHmmss.

You can flexibly adopt URL in order to reflect desired filter criteria and use other parameters if you need to filter by some other criteria.

As noted by others above, it does not prevent from Helpdesk colleagues who have access to Message Monitor from changing filter criteria afterwards and getting access to messages processed by other interfaces.

Regards,
Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vadin,

this is exactly the way that I was looking for. Can you give me an overview how I can Access the others field?

For example I Need the timestamp to always be the current (whole) Day and search for a specific Receiver component.

regards

Christian

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian,

Here we go with parameters you can use in URL:

• archive_search
  • msgid
  • inbound_msgid
  • outbound_msgid
  • successors
  • refid
  • relatedMessages
  • correlation_id
  • sender
  • scenario_id
  • receiver
  • sender_party
  • receiver_party
  • sender_inf
  • receiver_inf
  • sender_ns
  • receiver_ns
  • error_label
  • dir
  • status
  • status_group
  • start_time
  • end_time
  • start_date
  • end_date
  • user_defined_search
  • uds_attributes_number
  • uds_attributes_relation
  • uds_attribute_name
  • uds_attribute_value
  • idoc_type
  • idoc_message_type
  • idoc_number
  • sequenceid
  • protocol

Parameter "receiver" is the one that you can use to filter by receiver communication component.

I'm not sure you can introduce relative time interval (like "today") - whatever I saw in conjunction to this parameterization, was using absolute values (start/end date/time).

Regards,

Vadim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you are planning to let them know when that interfaces get fails then why dont you configure Alert configuration..http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/03/25/michals-pi-tips-component-based-m...

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Create an alert rule in PI and give helpdesk email id for alert.

The alert email contains the link to that particular message only, if helpdesk click on that it will directly go to message monitoring screen and show only that message which failed.

But, they need a user id to access PI monitoring screen which can't be restricted to only one message, so if they start filtering they can see others also. But when they click on link in email they can see only the message which failed.

Regards,

Vikas