cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dispatcher redirects to back-end system, but chrome gives a cross origin error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are in the process of activating Fact sheet applications. The web dispatcher is configured in front of the front end and back end system.

We are able to call the front end system with the web dispatcher, however when we select the Fiori Search button in the chrome browser the below steps happen :

1. http://<web dispatcher host>:<port>/sap/es/ina/GetServerInfo service is called . It gives a 307 status i.e. temporary redirect.

2. http://<back end host>:<port>/sap/es/ina/GetServerInfo service is called but fails with a 401 status stating that the origin host is not the same.

We were able to prevent this error using the CORS chrome extension , but we would like to confirm if this is how the web dispatcher should behave will calling the back end system for Fiori Search.

Kindly help

Regards,

Johan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why are you going directly to the backend? Shouldn't all your traffic go through Web Dispatcher, which send the requests on to Frontend (NW Gateway I assume) which is connected to the backend.

HTTP 401 means "not authroised": I assume you logged in at the front end and your browser is trying to use that login ticket when you point your browser straight at the backend.

A lot of assumptions in the above because I don't know your setup/architecture nor the configuration of the SAP Web Dispatcher.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

We have a back end and and front end system both connected to the SAP web dispatcher. Unfortunately when we try accessing the backend from front end using the web dispatcher we are facing this cross origin error.

Reason being the the origin host is the web dispatcher host while the back end host is different. Hence the cross origin error. In IE we are able to see necessary changes but we are constantly given a prompt if we want to access the back end system.

But we need to access the web dispatcher in Google Chrome.

Hope you've understood the architecture. Kindly help !