cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deduction for sub standard work at the time of SES

0 Kudos

Sir,

Is there any means by which we can add deductions against some sub standard work at the time of SES.

For eg.  If OFC cable was to be laid for 10 Km @50 at requisite depth.

suppose contractor does the work for whole 10 Km but at lesser depth. we want to impose penalty of Lumpsum amount(say 30).

Now at the time of SES if i verify full quantity full amount is verified. i.e 500 (10*50),but iwant to verify 500-30 =470 only.

In previous threads it was suggested to verify quantity amounting to 470 i.e 10-30/500*10=9.4 which is ideally incorrect.

My System Integrator says in standard SES (ML81N) deductions is standard field but it does not affect calculation..

Kindly guide how this deduction amount be deducted from total amount.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding a Pricing Condition for Poor Quality to the PO pricing procedure will be your best bet.  It can be a % discount or a fixed amount, the value can be entered manually on the PO item pricing conditions.

Now whether or not the conditions can be changed after a SES has been entered will require testing.  You want to make sure the condition is added prior to accepting the SES which posts the GR.

0 Kudos

Sir,

Thnx for your suggestions. But as i mentioned in example  The contractor has done full work of 10 KM (though sub standard) .If i adjust quantity ie  9.4 KM to get amount 470, It effectively means that i can SES remaining 0.6 Km at later stage. which should not be allowed

Sir one more thing has come to my notice.If i amend PO and make it GR Based then i can enter negative quantity as unplanned service in SES. Will it have any adverse effect on accounting.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Why dont you change the percentage in SES accordingly... You need to change the Quantity in SES to get the value reduced. I dont think you can do much on this.

System will not allow you plan additional cost in SES, if you maintain the same in PO and create SES, then system will allow.

May be, check this by maintaining a new condition type for this variance and maintain in PO, so PO amount will be reduced, based on that, you can create SES.

Regards

Terence