Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Optimizer overriding costs against RM consumption from PDS

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I want to model a scenario in SNP Optimizer where I have a single production facility and multiple product-customer combinations and against which I have their actual revenue, production costs, storage costs and transportation costs.

I am using Profit Maximization and putting the revenue in Non delivery field of the customer-product master so as to tell the Optimizer which customer is giving highest profits so it will try to fulfill the requirement from this customer first. This works fine if I do not have the PDS included in the scope of the Optimizer and Raw material is infinitely available.

I have two sets of products where one Product X is produced on one resource and consumes 1000 PC of raw material to product one unit of X. Whereas Product Y is being produced on second resource and consumes 950 PC of raw material to product one unit of Y.

Now, when I put the PDS in the scope of Optimizer and limit the Raw material availability - Optimizer always tries to produce product Y first and then X regardless of the profits I am achieving through various costs I have maintained. I tested this multiple times with very high profits maintained for product X but still Optimizer will product all quantities of Product Y and then X.

Please suggest how should I resolve this. Has anybody encountered such scenario?

Thanks,

Parth Soneji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We have been able to achieve the desired with the help of BADI implementation to reset the flag "Procurement allowed", using Profit Maximization and by making the differences between the Non delivery costs of the products very high to compensate for the costs Optimizer saves by producing the FG material which consumes less Raw material.

Best Regards

Parth Soneji

Answers (0)