cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the skills required to learn Hybris marketing ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am a java script developer and very interested to learn Hybris marketing.

Googling for a while suggested to learn Java, Spring , J2EE, and many more new technologies which has increased my confusion levels.

So, to be an intermediary expert What are the that i have to gain to be good at hybris marketing?

Appreciate your suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

SAP hybris commerce is java based product and probably more inclined to your current skillset.  SAP hybris Marketing is SAP NetWeaver/HANA based product so you need to learn basics around ABAP or HANA modeling.  However, I see more trend towards UI driven customization in hybris Marketing so having strong functional knowledge of each feature and how it can configured will be a big plus too.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks

-Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick response.

Please suggest me for below questions.

1) Are hybris commerce and hybris marketing different products ?

What is hybris marketplace then ?

2) Correct me if i am wrong. my assumption is that sap acquired hybris commerce a java based product and renamed it customer engagement intelligence and is rebuilding it via hana views and UI5 also providing it to deploy on cloud.

3) Are you suggesting hybris marketing as it is the new product being built on hana and customers are loving it.

4) When you say trend is more towards ui driven customizing , is it UI5 skill customization or Functional level configurations in GUI ?

5) As per your suggestions "having strong functional knowledge of each feature and how it can configured will be a big plus too. "

Which functional module do i need to gain knowledge of as pre requisite to learn hybris products?

Appreciate your Suggestions

Caique
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

yMKT and yCommerce are different product but they integrate helping building the CEC concept.

yCommerce is a very powerful web shop and yMKT is the agregation of formers solutions CEI and ADT running on top of HANA.

yMKT uses UI5 and can be design reponsive. You have the option to deploy it on public cloud, private cloud or on premise.

It's very simple, yMKT is a powerful marketing solution, so marketing knowledge is great! It's pretty much the same with yCommerce, e-commerce knowledge is very important is want to go thru this path.

Regards,

Caíque Escaler

Former Member
0 Kudos

yMKT and yCommerce are different product but they integrate helping building the CEC concept.

What is this CEC concept ? Do i need to learn both to be good at hybris .Currently this is hybris marketing space in SCN , similarly do we have hybris commerce space? What other products are combined together alsong with these two ?

Does this mean that i do not need to have any function domain experience in industry? 

Where can i find guides to start learning hybris ?

My company is having hybris licenses ? What are the pre requisisted to work on it for set up ? can i install in same SAP ECC server ?

former_member183196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

CEC is a broad term referring "Customer Engagement and Commerce" solutions.  hybris commerce has a wiki https://wiki.hybris.com/

Considering it is several set of solutions, first a pick a solution that is close to your skillset and market requirements and take some training.  https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

Hope this helps

Thanks!!

-Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bharath, Thank you you are very supportive.

I had a look at Service market place , and unfortunately i could nt find any reference docs and addons for hybris commerce. I can only find rds docs relevant to hybris marketing and hybris integration and data loads.

What all are the different solutions available in hybris. training.sap.com also refers only hybris commerce and hybris marketing . are these two the only solutions in hybris .

why is nt training.sap available contain hybris integration?

I want to pick up hybris marketing , does it have demand ? please let me know your thoughts.Please also let me know if there are any guides to set up hybris solutions in my SAP ecc . Is it mandatory to have hana environment ?

joerg_losat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

the HANA database is mandatory to run SAP Hybris Marketing.

To come to your intitial question, I would recommend to have knwoledge in the following technologies:

- SAP HANA Database

- SAP Netweaver (Development Language ABAP)

- SAP Gateway OData

- SAP UI5 (HTML5; JavaScript)

Best regards,
Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes , I currently have a hana system to practice now.

All i am looking is the guides of how to learn hybris commerce and marketing and skill up myself to the market.

As per your above answer , i am aware of majority of these now.  

Can you also answer my other questions of the demand in the market and SAP strategy on different products of hybris.

learning Spring , Java , Maven and other new languages will be tough for folkes in SAP also. Are they being re written to Hana following OData, Hana views for commerce?

joerg_losat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

you will find some valuable information on the help portal:

http://help.sap.com/mkt

Here a link for Early Knowledge Transfer User Registration for Customers and Partners:

Registration Guides for Customers & Partners

If you need information about the Hybris Commerce and Hybris Marketing Integration I have to refer to the Commerce Wiki:

https://wiki.hybris.com/display/release5/SAP+hybris+Marketing+Integration

From my perspective yes the demand is there, especially for people have experience in both Commerce and Marketing.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Joerg