Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc_aae property value significance

former_member207701
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

1. While creating inboundra in nwa what is the significance of property 'local'  when to make it true and when false?

2.when to use pi gateway details and when to use ecc details?

3.when to use multirepositry?

Thanks

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207701
Participant
0 Kudos

Any inputs?

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Read this document it will clear your all your questions.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member207701
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen,

Just few more queries :

1.The gateway parameters which i mention in inboundra should match in rfc in ecc , because i have seen our basis team has configured such they are different but still its working fine ?

2.what happens if i use the same program id in more then one inboundra ?

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

>>>>The gateway parameters which i mention in inboundra should match in rfc in ecc , because i have seen our basis team has configured such they are different but still its working fine ?

• Check the below point if the local is true then gateway server and gateway service properties will be ignored. If local is true you need to give PI gate way details in ECC RFC destination, if local is false then you need to give ECC details in the destination.

Local : To improve performance and tie the Lifecycle of gateway with that of Adapter engine it is possible to use local gateway. There is local gateway available with Adapter engine installation.For this you need to set the 'Local' property to true. However if you do this at SAP Backend side too the same gateway needs to be chosen. In SM59 transaction you have to enter local gateway details manually. If 'Local' property is chosen, the GatewayServer and GatewayService configured in inboundRA has no significance.Also please remember to set Local property to false if you don't wish to use Local gateway.

>>>>2.what happens if i use the same program id in more then one inboundra ?

You need to give separate program ID for two different inboundRA because using these names these resource adapters are registered in the gateway server.

• if you give different names then when the tRFC request comes from ECC the system will forward that request to specific resource adapter,
  • if you give the same name then system don't differentiate which adapter to send and  only one adapter will receive this request.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member207701
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot praveen

Answers (0)