cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operative Network Creation with appropriate plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Gurus,

We need to create an operative network for many different plants. In the past, I had to create a network material in material master and a standard network for each material, which totaled over 100 materials and 100 standard networks (one for each plant) linked using CN08 tcode . This was a very manual intensive process because since there is no transport or ALE feature for networks, the creation of standard networks had to be manuallydone in each environment (QA and Prod).

We have now created over 100 new plants.  We have 7 diffenent document types.  I do not want to have to create 700 network materials and 700 standard networks.

Can someone help me with this task?  My idea is to create 1 network material for each document type (extend to all plants) and 1 standard network and during operative network creation some how pass the material line item plant to the process that creates the operative network with the appropriate plant.

Need help!!!

Thanks

Shirley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a standard LSMW to create material masters and extend to whatever org levels you need.

Not so much luck for creating Standard Networks.  You'll need a custom program or you can try WinShuttle.

To effect a change to the standard process that automatically creates Projects from SD orders you will need to find a user exit an insert your own code.  Your developer can help with that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

Check LSMW can be used. Not sure, still you can give a try by taking help of your ABAPer.

Regards,

Pradeep