cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME: Check loaded components on resource against components to assemble

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a question to the "setup resource" functioinality. Is it possible, to check while assembly operation, if there is enough quantity of material X is loaded onto the resouce, against the quantity for material X inside of a BOM?

the following case:

A Batch of material is loaded onto a resource. For each planned material I want to produce, I need 3 times material X.  Currently if, for example, 1 piece of material X is  loaded, the SAP ME system is assembling 3 peaces of material X, even if the slot quantity loaded is 1.

Will mean, physically, I do miss two pieces of material X and in SAP ME normally the system should only one piece of material X but it assembles 3 pieces of material X.

I use Activity hook SLOT_QTY_DECREMENT, from my understanding, there should be a check if enough material quantity is loaded to produce the planned material according to BOM, but there is no check. Even if I try to use AH CT520 in combination, it doesn't.

May of you do know how to setup such a process restriction?? That would be awesome if you could share your experience with me in this case.

Thank in advance!

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help, guys!

I've tried all possibilities, and I didn't found a solution so I will make an incident out of this case.

Thanks for your help one more time!!

BR Marco

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marco,

As I wrote, the system does not have functionality to validate the qty of needed Inv ID for the ongoing Assembly round (it can only check if loaded qty > 0). So, this will not be fixed by means of a support ticket because it is an enhancemenet request. You should address it to Product Owners team via SAP ME Consultant.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergiy,

I've understood your point. A MES system should not assemble what not exist. And if the system do so, than this system can not cover the component traceability while production.

The activity Hook Check_Resource_Setup does not help, absolutely clear to me. CT520 should restrict the process at least but this also not happens.

Regards,

Marco

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marco,

I believe that you understood my point but I have to reemphasize that CT520 should not restrict the process. To meet your expectations, the implementation of time-based assembly process needs to be changed in SAP ME because over-consumption is a normal case of the current implementation.

Thus, what you are asking about is an extension of CHECK_RESOURCE_SETUP that is not covered by the original design of this hook. This is just a missing feature.

Regards,

Sergiy

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

I guess CHECK_RESOURCE_SETUP might help you, though partially due to the limited capabilities of this hook. It mainly checks if slots are loaded (qty > 0). The check can be executed against the entire Slot Config or against only those slots which will be used to assemble the operation-specific components of SFC BOM. The hook does not check if the slot has enough qty to fully assemble the Required Qty of the component of SFC BOM, because over-consumption is allowed by design and all over-consumed qty should be written to a dedicated database field.

Regards,

Sergiy

0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

The hook should decrement the Slot Quantity value for the slot of the resource, based on the Assembly Quantity for the component in the BOM. In case the Qty in the BOM is higher than available loaded Qty, the Message (MIN_SLOT_QTY or ZERO_SLOT_QTY message type) should be thrown. If it does not happen, it looks like a bug to me that is worth of support incident.

However, please, keep in mind the tolerance consumption value. Perhaps, you're just on the edge and the error will be thrown very next time.

Br, Alex.

Message was edited by: Alexander Teslyuk