Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit check for quotation

ashish_arora6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My requirement is to get warning message if attempt to create a quotation with a customer is on hold or blocked.

Could you please let me know if I can do this using SAP standard configuration or how can I do this. This scenario is working for Order.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashish

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Dont type the entire text in subject.  Make use of that effectively

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish its very much possible to achieve this requirement by doing few customizing settings. For your sales document type i.e. QT check credit limit and credit group should be maintained, credit active needs to be checked for your particular item category. In OVAK don't forget to maintain credit check and credit group. I'm sure about this will work as i've done it already. Last but not least do check automatic credit control i.e. OVA8 settings as if they're okay or not. Rest you've already been guided by valuable members of the group so after trying this out do revert with your findings. Thanks.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While there is no logic for credit check at quotation level since you cannot generate delivery or invoice, you can very well achieve that.

First maintain some value for Check credit limit and Credit group for your quotation document type.  Secondly for quotation item category activate credit check.  Rest as usual like for sale order check, maintain the relevant values in OVA8 and OVAK.

Test and update here on the outcome.

G. Lakshmipathi

ashish_arora6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a credit check, customer is blocked for particular sales area and if it is block then while creating quotation some notification should come like warning or information not error exactly.

So, how can I do this.

Regards,

Ashish Arora

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try user exit MV45AFZZ FORM userexit_read_document. Asks an Abaper to implement some logic to generate warning message when create quotation.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the business benefit to have that as a warning message?

Quotations are created with the intent to have a sales order as a follow-up document (hopefully).

Could you please explain what steps should the users follow if they decide to ignore the warning message and create the quotation for a customer blocked for order processing?

ashish_arora6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peykova,

Actually, user want this requirement they need warning message or information message or error message or some kind of notification so they can check and unblock the customer.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since the users would be fine with an error message for blocked sold-to/payer, then you can set up blocking reasons for quotations just like you set them up for sales orders, no additional development needed.

My idea was simply to use blocking reasons in the master data, not to use credit management for that.

Quotations are not binding as sales documents and there could be a time shift between quotation creation and subsequent order creation.

Credit block somehow does not seem appropriate.

Message was edited by: Veselina Peykova