Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User management in Gateway synch'd with user management in ECC

alvaro_blanco
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello to everyone,

we have just started a project that involved the installation of a Gateway (in its own hub). My client has a quite complex landscape that involves ECC, BW, SCM, PI and now the newcomer Gateway. We have understood that the users must have the same name in Gateway as in the ECC (a trusted RFC taking care of the 'mapping'), but we have the problem that the users that enter via Gateway may have to enter directly into ECC, the issue being that our ECC forces a password change every n-days. In that scenario the user (I mean the person) will eventually have to remember one password for ECC and a different password for Gateway. What we would like to achieve is to have the Gateway user password updated in the moment when its homonym ECC user is changed.

We've found solutions like Central User Administration but we wanted to know if there is some kind of 'out-of-the-box configuration magic' that accomplishes this directly. If that's a 'no': do you know if Central User Administration is suitable to manage the Gateway users from, say, ECC?

Thanks in advance,

Álvaro.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As mentioned by you:

the users that enter via Gateway may have to enter directly into ECC, the issue being that our ECC forces a password change every n-days. In that scenario the user (I mean the person) will eventually have to remember one password for ECC and a different password for Gateway.

Assumed that you've create an RFC destination to the SAP Gateway system on your front-end server and define the trust relationship between the SAP Business suite system (to be the trusting system) and the SAP Gateway system (to be the trusted system). Also I believe CUA Configuration might not be needed in this case, reason being the user ID in Gateway and ERP should be same ID although Password can be different.

Example: When user ID MobUser logon to app, user and password are authenticated in Gateway. From Gateway to ERP, RFC connection is established by user ID MobUser with trusted RFC.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Pavan G