cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to detect the Primary Key and Foreign Keys in the universe?

former_member188628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Could anyone help out in knowing the various ways to detect the primary key and foreign keys across the tables being used in the Universe.

I have to modifying the existing set of joins being used in the universes. One way which i figured out from one of the Youtube Videos,is to search for the duplicate values of the specific (assumed fields for primary and foreign Keys) in the "Column values" option which gets popped up upon selecting the respective fields and right clicking the table.

But question is what if there are no duplicate values(then how do we differentiate between the primary keys and the foreign keys used in the tables?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moumita,

Which schema has been used in the universe? star or snowflake?

The referential integrity i.e. relationship between the tables using primary and foreign keys would be easier if checked at database level instead of designer.

Your DBAs should have some documents regarding data model and table relationship to refer.

Checking the table definitions (SQL: show table <tablename>) at database level can also help in understanding.

Regards,

Yuvraj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your universe is UNX then in data foundation layer->table->Right click Edit you will get the details about keys.

Amit