cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Transaction Notification

LukaszBloch
Participant
0 Kudos

In Administration\General services\tab Service we can serr Enable Transaction Notification

What is this option?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lukasz,

The company database contains several stored procedures that may be adapted to enforce user logic called:

SBO_SP_TransactionNotification

SBO_SP_PostTransactionNotice

SBO_SP_PostTransactionSupport

SBO_SP_TransactionSupport

My guess is that this check box needs to be turned on for the system to use SBO_SP_TransactionNotification.

Regards,

Johan

LukaszBloch
Participant
0 Kudos

I also thought that this will be connected with tansaction notification procedure but i test it by uncheking it and nothing happened

If its checked or not TN works fine

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FYI:

The above option is useful when upgrading B1. While  upgrade it should be unchecked.

LukaszBloch
Participant
0 Kudos

I my opinion it is really unsafe feature. This can lead to some problems if we dont have a log of this field

Regards

Thanks for your time and help

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lukasz,

It does indeed seem like a strange setting. If you make use of the stored procedure, why would you want to give users the chance to turn that logic off? And if you don't make use of it, you do not need to turn it off.

You could post an idea about this feature on the SAP Business One Idea Place.

Regards,

Johan

LukaszBloch
Participant
0 Kudos

I was going to

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll vote for it 

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is confirmed if not checked SP_TN is not working. I can't find explanation of this field in SAP note or SAP help file.

Thank you for sharing.

LukaszBloch
Participant
0 Kudos

I double checked it.

When i uncheck the option i NEED TO LOGOUT and log in again. Then Transaction notification doesn't work.

Huge problem for me is that this option is not logged. When someone turn it of and do same steps which was not supposted to happend i will be not able to chect if this was the case (turning it off) or the problem is with transaction notification

LukaszBloch
Participant
0 Kudos

Do you think I can post on support portal?

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lukasz,

The note Nagarajan mentioned only talks about the stored procedures themselves, it says nothing about the check box in the settings.

Three things you might want to check before posting a support ticket:

1. Are you running any addons ? Was this checkbox added to system by an addon?
  2. What does the B1 help file say about this check box?
  3. Is this check box connected to a field in the database ? Perhaps the purpose of the checkbox is that you may use it yourself in the TransactionNotification stored procedure.

Regards,

Johan

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure, you may check with SAP note 1320484.

Thanks