Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMB message error in Proxy receiver

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Working on a REST Polling to proxy scenario.

Getting one issue for a simple proxy receiver channel. Searching in SCN, I am not getting any concrete solution for this. Please check if someone can help me.

Channel config -

Error messages -

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

I have too experienced the same issue a while ago. Like Maheswarareddy said, maintain the parameters in NWA. Mine was however resolved after I deleted and recreated the scenario.

hope this helps you too.

Thanks

Bibek

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswarareddy, Bibek,

In my opinion, we don't have sufficient details of the error at the moment to make any conclusion and statement regarding particular fix - only HTTP status code 500 and no details of an error is too generic. Issue that you faced (the one described in SAP Note 1748814) may be the same, but may also be completely different and inappropriate to what Apu faces. Thus, I suggest collecting more details regarding context of an error first, and then identifying a root cause and corresponding fix for it.

Regards,

Vadim

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

Sometimes you can see the actual response from ERP system when you call via soap adapter, you can find it by click on tab Further Links and click on log viewer then the response soap envelope you can see in new window like below.

If you cant find anything enable TraceHTTP parameter in soap adapter as per this log and see the actual response from ERP to find out the root cause.HTTP tracing in SOAP receiver adapters with TraceHTTP module parameter

Regards,

Praveen.

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Yes in my case I can exactly same thing as per your screenshot.

Thanks,

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

that means , i dont think ABAPer wrote the code for your inbound proxy

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes inbound proxy code is not written yet and one more thing I can see is its giving some authorization error when I am going to activate the proxy in sproxy.I will correct that and let you know the status.

Thanks,

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

If it is an asynchronous proxy scenario, then active definition of proxy objects will be sufficient to resolve this problem - even if they don't contain proxy implementation in place. In other words, it will be sufficient for the ABAP developer just to generate and activate proxy objects in tx. SPROXY, even if they are not ready to provide implementation of corresponding inbound proxy.

Having done so, proxy call from PI shall be processed in HTTP and proxy runtime layers and will just do nothing (dummy call) in application layer. Respective XI message shall still be generated and seen in tx. SXI_MONITOR as processed successfully (unless there are any other issues, including those affecting proxy runtime).

Regards,

Vadim

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

Have you checked the st22 transaction to find any possible exception in the ECC endpoint?

Have you tried to set an external breakpoint in the first instruction of the ABAP proxy code (you must do it with the same user that the user set in the receiver channel) to know if the call arrives to the ABAP code?

Regards.

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this https://scn.sap.com/thread/3184803

1. Open nwa > Configuration > Infrastructure > Java System Properties

2. Selectt Services tab and Filter for 'XPI Adapter: XI'

3. In the properties tab search for 'xiadapter.version.minor'

4. Change the value to 0

After this re-created the scenerio.

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswara,

This is already done but no luck.

Thanks,

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

It will be helpful to collect verbose traces for a receiver proxy channel (via XPI Inspector). HTTP status 500 being returned from proxy receiver, may be caused by wide range of problems - non-generated or inconsistent proxy objects in receiver, malformed request or issues with XML message (like incorrect root element / namespace or XML parsing error) are just few of them that are commonly faced. And what makes analysis more complicated, most commonly this is an issue that occurs before the message entered local Integration Engine of a receiver proxy system (this is error originated from HTTP request handler logic execution, which precedes proxy runtime logic) - so in many cases there will be no yet any message created and visible in SXI_MONITOR in a receiver. Trace of a receiver channel will contain indication of area of an issue, then it will be possible to narrow down further root cause analysis.

Regards,

Vadim