Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software component version missing from production Operational mapping

former_member233999
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've got a invoice.invoic02 idoc from ECC to FILE scenario. We're getting a few odd codepage characters come out of the system (such as upside down question marks)  and i'm trying to test to see if this is ECC / PI / File system.

Anyway, I noticed in my Operational mapping that the software component for the source operation has a strange ID, as per the following image:

When in the QA system the software component comes up with the correct SAP APP software component, as per the image below.

When I double click the strange looking software component version in image 1, it then comes up with the error:

If I leave this without reimporting the definition from the ECC system, will it cause any problems such as the strange codepage characters that are coming out in invoices and po's?

Many thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George

When the SWCV value is shown as ID: xxx. It sometimes mean that the reference SWCV is not available in ESR. Sometimes this could be because the SWCV has been deleted, or the OM was created on a different system and imported into a system which do not have the SWCV.

You can try an compare the value of the ID against the value of the SWCV ID of your SAP APPL 6.00.

Optionally, if there are no differences in the IDoc definition, I will just edit the OM and reselect the IDoc definition from an existing SWCV in the ESR. It should then populate correctly.

Regards

Eng Swee

former_member233999
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Eng Swee, Edited the OM and reselected the idoc and this worked..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check this Note: 1883358 - PI Full CPA Cache refresh fails with JavaErrors Tag found in cache update XML

i guess you may have to re import the SWC again in ESR.

Cause

There are incorrect objects in some SAP delivered software components within the ESR

Resolution

1. Open the PI tools page at the URL http://<host>:J2EE-Port>/dir
  2. Click Enterpise Services Repository (ESR)
  3. Open a software component version (SWCV) such as SAP APPL 6.04
  4. Expand the Imported Objects section of the SWCV
    SWCV.PNG
  5. Double click on all objects within the RFC and IDOC section
  6. Carry this check out for all imported objects within the SAP delivered SWCV's in the ESR
  7. If an object is corrupt it will throw the error 'Tag empty is not permitted as a root element'
    IDOC_Error.PNG
  8. Download the affected SWCV from the service marketplace
  9. Re-import these objects once more
  10. Carry out the check once more to ensure the error is no longer occurring