Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charm - Setup of TMS - Error Transport Routes

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to setup the TMS in Charm.

I've already maintained the RFCs via solman_setup.

However, in transaction SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN I get the following error:

"Incorrect RFC connection  to domain controller <SID> 000"

Error number is /TMWFLOW/TRACK_N193

Does anybody know what the problem might be?
I didn't really find a solution for this on the internet.

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you to all for help.
I am still testing and doing the configuration.

The error still occurs, however I could already create a change-document with transports.

However, on doing the transport to the live system via solar_project_admin, I get an error in STMS of target system.

The error is RFC_SYSTEM_FAILURE.

It tries to call the destination TMSSUP@<SID of Target>.DOMAIN_<SID of Domaincontroller> and I get an error that user or pw is wrong.

I did check the rfc-destination and there is no user and pw maintained.

But the flag is set, that logon-screen should appear.

However, on doing the transport via solar_project_admin, I don't get any screen for logon.

Just the job gets scheduled and thats it.

So what might be the problem here? Where do I have to maintain this data?

Btw, I am not sure if I use solar_project_admin correctly and I am not sure, what do I have to do in solar_project_admin, what in SM-Workcenter and what in web-UI of ITSM.

Is there a guide, which describes which user-steps have to be done in a normal change and how in Solman 7.1?

Kind regards

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anon

It seems you need to create a trusted RFC from your solman system to managed system at 000.

It should not give the logon screen error then.

User must have profile S_RFCACL and authorization object assigned to it apart from authorization of import in managed system as well and solman.

Thanks

Rishav

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rishav,

finally the trusted connection was the issue regarding transporting.

However, solar_project_admin still gives in the "Transport Routes" button the mentioned error.

But transporting is working, therefore I think the button isn't relevant for Charm in 7.1.

Regarding my problem, it was the trusted connection.

I already had a trusted connection which I did create with solman_setup.

However, in the past there was already a trusted connection with an old host, which IS NOT UPDATED with solman_setup.

Therefore I did delete the connection and did execute the creation process again via solman_setup.

After that it was working fine

Kind regards

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Woho. Great to hear that.

Best of luck.

Thanks

rishav

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Am I allowed to ask you one last question...

I have the maintenance cycle in ITSM WebUI and also the Maintenance cycle in SM_WORKCENTER, and also the solar_project_admin.

What action do I have to do in which area?
I think creating and transporting (scheduling) has always to be done in solar_project_admin.

In QGM (solar_project_admin or SM_WORKCENTER) I have to release the milestones.

Is there any task to do in maintenance_cycle? Because there are also ACTIONS, which can be executed.

But I also did see that the status did change through QGM, therefore I am note sure what are the correct transactions...

Kind regards

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Maintenance Cycle/Project cycle you can used it for changing the phase of project. Basically it is based on SAP methodology of project implementation from development phase to go live phase and then completion phase.

Mainly you will perform the changes in task lisk by solar_project_admin. However when you need to move the changes to production you have to move the maintenance cycle to go live phase first.

Thanks

Rishav

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you know any step-by-step Enduser guide, how to make changes with use of TMS in solar_project_admin?
Or just the sap.help.com pages?

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anon

Every organization had its own way of implementing these kind of changes.

For example you may have 3 system landscape or 4 system landscape. Further your client want to control when the transports will get released on which status it should be there in quality system.

Do we need to add more status values etc.

However Please find below standard workflow for normal changes. I hope it will help you.

Processing Normal Changes - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

Thanks

Rishav

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thx for this.

Do you know, if there is also the possibility to create a maintenance cycle, which allows to create tickets and deploy them to prodcutive system, without changing the project phase?

So a maintenance cycle which has once a week a import into the productive system, without changing the project phases to be able to develop and productive at the same time.

So like a general Deveopment-Maintenance-Cycle, which I create once and I can develop, test and transport into producitve system at the same time, without considering the maintenance cycle phase.

Kind regards

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not advisable to do that however you can perform the same with lot of abap and functional configuration.

I will say better you can utilize the urgent change functionality it will suite you as per your needs. You need not to change the project phase.

Thanks

Rishav

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rishav,

I understand your recommendation.
But how do you handle changes, how often do you closing a Maintenance cycle?
Monthly, so you are transporting the changes monthly to productive system?

We are doing it more often, and this would mean we have to create everytime after go-live a new maintenance cycle.

For big projects I understand it, but for running changes I am not sure...

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anon,

Maintenance cycle closure can be done monthly basis or on quarterly basis. Whenever you made the cycle to go live, you can revert back the same cycle to development phase also.

Transport frequency will be determined by client, so you need not to close the cycle everytime when you are moving your transport to production instead after go live you can revert back it to development again. But overall once in month you can close the cycle.

Thanks

Rishav

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there a possibilty in SCMA (task list) to change the check for the import into productive, which checks if the maintenance cycle is in the specified phase.

Or where are the phases defined which allow an import?

Thx

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So I am looking for a possibility, to do e.g. in phase "Build" also transports into Productive System.

I did already change in Quality Gate Management the Producitve-System to BUILD-Phase, however in SCAM the import is still not working.

Or do I have to execut the import in another transaction?

Kind regards

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anon

No Import will not work until you make the phase to go live phase.

You can open the maintenance switches for production system and schedule jobs there if you dont want to follow by task list.

Further you can adapt the program with different behaviour to achieve the production import via task list.

/TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMPORT

Thanks

Rishav

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rishav,

I understand now, how to deal with Change Documents and maintenance cycle.

But one thing I still don#t know, how do you handle maintenance of master data in customizing?

If you have a maintenance cycle of all 3 month e.g., how do you get changings like new storage locations into the productive system?

Kind regards

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anon,

You have to use Admin Change Document to handle all master data changes where no transport is created.

thus, normal and urgent have transport correction but admin doesn't and used for these kind of changes to be managed.

hope this clarifies.

Thanks

Prakhar

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

exactly, but what about master data changes like Storage Locations, which are creating a transport?

So master data, which is maintained in customizing?

Kind regards

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anon,

Fundamentally as soon as you rollout ChaRM means it is effective

all the transport will be manged via charm

if they are normal changes and can go as per release then Normal change doc should be used

if they are urgent changes then UC

if no transport then admin change

there are no exception otherwise you will loose the effectiveness of change process and miss out the changes which are done independent of charm and henceforth an incomplete picture.

hope this helps further

Thanks

Prakhar

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

I completly understand what do you mean.

But in our company it is so, that we have very often some administration changes, e.g. creation of storage locations, which can't wait till the end of maintenanc cycle.

Therefore my question is, does other company do all this kind of changes as Urgent Changes?
Or e.g. transports of purchasing groups, sales groups, ....

Kind regards

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anon,

this is more of a release management

answer is yes you can import even before doing the whole project import for entire project.

Import strategies: Status Dependent import and Selective Import - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

thus at a certain level of status you can do import the relevant Change documents based upon status

so it is not mandatory to go for urgent changes but today it is possible to do status dependent import and more flexible change process

Thanks

Prakhar

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

thx for the help, this was very helpful!!!

Another question, or maybe I open a new thread for this...

In quality gate configuration, I have the possibilty to assign the system-role to the phase.

And according to sap.help.com, this defines, in which phase transports can be done.

I've now set Productive System also to "Build" phase and my project is in Build Phase, however SCAM still says, that it isn't allowed in the current project phase....

Is there are detailed guideline regarding this functionality?

thx a lot

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anon,

I would suggest to open a new thread with screenshots so that we can suggest it further

Thanks

Prakhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anon,

kindly check below KBA which describes the solution and relevant notes.

2236278 - "No RFC destination for the TMS domain controller XXX of system XXX" Charm check error

hope this helps

Thanks

Prakhar

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

the note is already complelty implemented.

Kind regards

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can avoid connections to the TMS domain controller if you use the 'RFC harmonizing infrastructure'. Please check Note 1908411 for details on the configuration of this type of RFC infrastructure.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anon

You first need to link the domain controller of your managed system with domain controller of solution manager. Please find below link for same.

Thanks

Rishav

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rishav,

I've checked the thread once again.

I am note sure how I have to do the setup.

I want to do the configuration/test in Solman DEV.

And I want to setup a TMS for DEV->PROD Solman (not clients, real systems!).

The Domain Controller is on the PROD Solman at the moment.
Do I have to setup also a domain controller in the DEV-Solman?

Kind regards

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check step 3, point 2.7.

Have you done this.

Thanks

Rishav

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rishav,

I will do everything again now with the Client-transport 1st, and after that with real systems.

However, at Step 1 I should do the configuration in 000 of Solman.

My one is a solman DEV System, but the domain controller is in Produtive system.

So can I also configure this configuration now in DEV-Domain Controller?

Or do I have to this now in Pro DOmain Controller?

Kind regards

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You should proceed in solution manager domain controller. If in your case, solman productive system is the domain controller then you need to made the domain link from there.

Thanks

Rishav