Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline SMD agents in Solman

neha_singh18
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to Unix as I never got chance to work on Unix before. Now I need to troubleshoot the offline smd agents in Solman agent admin page.Can anyone suggest me how to begin and what can be the reason behind the agents being offline.12 agents out of 500 are offline.

Thanks

Neha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nealgenocchi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Neha,

If you find a number of agents appearing offline in the agent admin UI, it is important to check the scalability of your Solution Manager. By default your solution manager is set up for 40 agent connections. If there is a higher number of agents (we know that this is the case), you need to ensure your solution manager is configured to allow and handle a greater number of connections. As there are 488 agents connected already I would assume parameters have been altered in the past, it is however worth checking the parameter values for 500 agents as this may be the issue.

You can find the required documentation in the scalability section of the following wiki link:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agent+Troubleshooting#DiagnosticsAgentTroub...)

Best regards,

Neal

Former Member
0 Kudos

On Unix you will find the log files in directory

/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/SMDAgent/log

(Obviously the above depends on the instance name and number!)

I would start with a simple restart of the agent on Unix which might fix it:

su - daaadm

stopsap

startsap

For older agent version go to

/usr/sap/DAA/SYS/exe and run

smdstop.sh SMD 98

smdstart.sh SMD 98

neha_singh18
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks!

I have restarted all 12 agents and 4 got connected as of now. Need to check other 8 now. Is it possible that the agents when checked in Unix were running and intentionally made offline in Solman?

Thanks

Neha