cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues while Exporting the Replica of the Current Universe with Different names?

former_member188628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am facing a problem while exporting the Universe.I imported the existing universe and made the modifications(changed the name) to it(this is a sample universe for experimentation).I want both the universes to be present.But while exporting the modified universe its displaying only the option of

"Overwriting the Existing universe" alone,no copying option of the existing universe.Any solution to this?

One more problem is if i try to save the existing universe with different name,then upon opening or exporting the modified name is not being recognized,instead the original name is getting displayed alone.

Thank you

Moumita Maity

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moumita,

Every universe has two names:-

- Short Name :- name given while saving the universe in local machine (file name)

- Long Name  :-  name given in Universe Parameters (File --> Parameters)

Content from user guide says:

It seems like you have changed the short name while Saving As the universe; however, the name under Parameters is still the same; therefore, while exporting it, you are getting the message as it already exists.

In case you want to create a replica then you will have to change both names.

NOTE: Renaming or Saving As the universe changes its CUID and breaks its link with the associated Webi reports in the repository. Please do a thorough impact analysis in case it is a live environment.

Hope it will help.

Regards,

Yuvraj

former_member188628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yuvraj

Thanks a lot for such a quick response.Yes it worked

Thank you

Moumita Maity

Answers (0)