cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic material replacement for non stock items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

is it possible If a material is not available in stock it will automatically replaces with another material.

if any one have idea about configuration please help

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try searching the forum?

Material determination with ATP has been discussed many times.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feed back, but i didnt find an exact configuration guide to achieve the requirement

can you please explain the process

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The process is very well described in the wiki, there are even guides with screenshots and links to useful SAP notes.

Please look up the content, set it up in your system, and, if you face some specific issue - explain the exact problem, so that the forum members could help you.

stone_cold
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sarath,

I believe, in standard SAP you can not achieve the requirement. 

In material determination you could substitute the materials in below criteria at the time of order entry/processing :

• customer-specific product numbers with your own material numbers
  • International Article Numbers (EANs) with your own material numbers
  • Substituting discontinued materials with newer materials

But in your case if material X is having insufficient stock replace it with Y.

System has to carried out availability for X first and not found then check for Y availability.

Without a Z development it cannot be achieved in my perspective.

But if there is any way in standard then would be a new learning.

Br,

Stone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done material determination in VB11, With reason 004- automatic material selection

and configured item category assignment in Vov4

In sale order iam getting following error

Item category cofig is available in the system but still receiving this error,

How can i resolve this

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you would be pleased to know that it can work without an additional development

Here is a screenshot from my IDES sandbox:

I have 0 available of 175785, 8 of 175784 and 30+ of 175783.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read carefully the error message text .

You are trying to perform explosion/sub-item generation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

great to hear that, how can i achive this . i am still getting error message

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you look carefully at VOV4, you will notice that some of the fields there are greyed out and some-not.

The greyed-out fields are actually the key fields in the underlying table T184.

The system uses the combination of these key fields to find the correct default item category. In your specific example the message says, that it cannot find a combination of YBDP (document type, AUART), YBUK (item category group, MTPOS), PSEL (item usage, VWPOS), YBAB (higher-level item category, UEPST).

The reason why you need this combination is, because you show the entered material as a main item and the substituted material as a sub-item. The system has found that for the main item you have YBAB (you have that in the screenshot) and searches next what would be the item category of the sub-item. It appears that you have not maintained that and this is why you get this error message.

Just maintain the item category of the sub-item for the combination I mentioned and you will not receive this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help , now its exploding structure to sub item level. Now i am on half the way to achieve my requirement.

material replacement for non stock item is not carrying out.

i added Proposed reason- Automatic (0004)  in vb11

do i need additional config achive my requirement

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am glad that you managed to get it working.

The best way to see whether you need to do something in addition, is to test the outcome with different combinations of materials and quantities.

You need to get this to work as an end-to-end process, so test all from sales order creation (no idea if you use CRM for example) to final billing. Check also the printouts.