cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting information on execution of Inventory in S&OP PA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have copied an S&OP PA and I want to include inventory optimization in this so that an E2E process can be done.

Could anyone please suggest the config changes that must be implemented in this PA in order to achieve inventory optimization in S&OP PA? Also, please suggest the impact of the changes.

Regards,

Indaarjit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Indaarjit

Inventory uses the PA SAP3, so activate that out of the content to get all the attributes and MD types it uses and add that to your planning area and configure all missing planning level and KF identically.

You dont need to copy for example S3PRODUCT if you have already S4PRODUCT, but you must have the products as PRDID.

Make sure that you have the correct time buckets in the planning area. If you for example started with a copy of SAP1 or SAP4 which only has months, you need to add weeks into the time profile and adjust the planning levels: Make sure your old planning levels dont get the new weeks as you want to run them on months and only add the weeks to the new.

And  you will need to actiate the correct planning operator for IO to your planning area

Plus the flag "SUpply Planning Enabled" must be set on your planning area

I can only recommend to always cross-check every single setting with the content planning area to be on the safe side

More information you can find here on the Inventory Optimization Concepts:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ibp40fp01/helpdata/en/82/fd6454cdeee530e10000000a44538d/content.htm?fram...

It contains the sub-chapters of the necessary input and output KF's, which you would need

Post http://scn.sap.com/message/16414878#16414878 is a nice summary of the concept

Yours

Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irmi,

Thanks for the update. This has really been an extremely useful response for me.

One observation: SAP3 uses a thing called Customer Group in Customer MDT and for this it has a separate compound MDT called SourceCustomerGroup.

But, in normal S&OP PA or Supply PA we already have a compound MDT called SourceCustomer.

So my questions are:

1) Do we need to create a separate field called Customer Group in Customer MDT?

2) Do we need to create a separate MDT called SourceCustomerGroup as well?

3) In LocationSource MDT we already have a field called LeadTime; Is it necessary to create fields like TLeadTime (which is used by inventory Optimization)?

Awaiting your guidance over the same.

Regards,

Indaarjit

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Indaarjit if it helped, than simply mark as helpful 🙂 What do you mean by "S&OP PA or Supply PA "? You did not mention if / which PA you started with, so I cannot answer on delta's ... If you check what is behind the S3SOURCECUSTGROUP, you will see that mainly the TARGETSERVICELEVEL is as KF attribute on that level, which as far as I know is only needed for the inventory solution. It is defined at customergroup level, not at customer level, planning level is WKPRODLOCCUSTGROUP - and on this level many further KF for IO are defined as well. Hence, in any case you need the level and the MD type in general. But as I dont know how your "SourceCustomerGroup" is defined I dont know if you can re-use it. It is not the name of the MD type that is so relevant, but the definition (which keys and which attributes are used) and the name of the Attributes used. SAP2 and SAP4 dont not have SourceCustomerGROUP but only SourceCustomer, so if that would be your PA you would need to create the MD type Hope that clarifies Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Irmi,

My doubts are now Clarified. .

Regards,

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

That is great news !

Good luck for realization 🙂

if your question is answere if your question is answerd , can you please  close the post?

YOurs

Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Irmi,

Can you please guide me on how I can close the post?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irmi,

During Realization I am facing a problem.

The KF Consensus Demand is at PerProdCust Level whereas IOForecast is at PerProdLocCustGroup Level. As a result of which I am not able to make the ConsensusDemand flow into IOForecast smoothly (not even with copy operator). Could you please help me in this?

The components of PerprodCust is Product, Customer, CustomerProduct MDT; while;

The components of PerProdLocCustGroup is Product, Location, SourceCustGroup MDT.

The system is recognizing as two different PLs. Will this PL PerProdLocCustGoup be included in PerProdCust Hierarchy if MDT CustomerProduct is included into this?

Regards,

Indaarjit

Answers (0)