cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode scanner APIs in Work Manager using iPad devices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are trying use the Barcode scanning field option in SAP work manager 6.2 solution on iPad devices.

I like to know how we can achieve this functionality.We are using SDK 3.0 SP10 and iOs 8.4 and later.

1. Do we have the ability to scan a bar code using iPad device camera or Do we need an external scanner hooked up to the iPad ?

Please let me know your valuble inputs so that we can implement this feature.

Thanks for your support.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The Agentry client comes with camera scanning enabled by default.  You can activate it within Work Manager by turning on scanning for list fields or creating barcode scan fields.

If you want to use an external scanner (sled or bluetooth) you will need to build an Agentry client using the Open UI framework and the Open Scan API to enable the scanner APIs within the Agentry client.

I would recommend testing the camera scanning in your real world environments to verify it will get a good read.  Depending on your environment and scanning volume you may want to go with a laser scanner instead of the camera scanner.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill. But some how the Agentry client SDK Version we use 70.10.5.4 does not showing up the Barcode button even on the complex table search field. Should we try the latest SDK ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer to the SCN thread below:

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3666260

Then you can see the correct answer from Bill.

Best Regards,

Charlie