cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change DataProvider source via WebiServices.document in Webi UI Extensions ?

hayden_gill
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd like to be able to build something into WebI via Web Intelligence UI Extension Points, that can change a dataprovider for a report from one Universe to another Universe (unv to unx in this case)

I know it's possible via RESTful Web Services, but I'd like to do it from within an Extension.

The documentation for 4.1 shows a WebIntelligence Service JavaScript method WebiServices.document.updateDataProvider but it doesn't seem to take an argument for a new UniverseId.

Is there another way to do this via the JavaScript API ?  If not is this something that might be added to the WebIntelligence Service JavaScript API in 4.2 ?

If the answer to both of these is no, is there a way of accessing the RESTful Web Services calls from within the WebIntelligence Service JavaScript API without having to make another call to create a session etc ?

Thanks,

Hayden

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If changesource API which exists into RESTful webservice doesn't exist yet into Webi ExtPnt, I think it could be added in the future. Please, post your suggestion on IdeaPlace.

You could access to RESTful webservice within an extension point, however you will not work on the document currently opened into the client and you need to log on to the RESTful webservice.

Regards,

Anthony

hayden_gill
Participant
0 Kudos

Idea added: https://ideas.sap.com/D32068

Any votes would be appreciated !

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy Hayden ,

Yes there is the possibility of calling the REST API from   within WEBI Doc.

I´ve been writting about it on some blog posts.

Please refer to

For a list of published posts.

The biggest chalenge was finding a way to get the logonToken from the current WEBI Doc so you don´t need to autenthicate again. At I give a solution to this problem.

discusses a scenario like yours where the dataprovider is an Excel file.

Feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Rogerio

eric_festinger
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Rogerio,

Changing or updating the Excel data source of a Webi document through Web Intelligence RESTful WS should be natively supported in BI 4.2.

Regards,

eric