Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent Distribution Key results between ECC and GATP on a Process Order

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gentlemen -

Here is the situation. In our Production versions, we're enabling GLEI Distribution Key ( Equal Distribution ) and we could see that the process order quantity is split equally into multiple days from start to end date depending on the scheduling of the order.

Now, we have ATP buckets used and the distribution key has been enabled there within our gATP system. Initially we were assuming these process orders when CIFed would carry the distribution key information and split the process order accordingly in APO system. But, it looks like there is some dependency without which it always projects the process order at the end data in the ATP view.

Now the dependency is the Production version which when CIFed gets created as PDS ( of type PP/DS) in our system. So, my understanding is when a new process order is CIFed it looks at both PDS as well as the ATP Bucket config to split the quantities. But, the real challenge comes here. It doesn't split the way it does it in ECC. It respects the ATP Bucket only on the start date of the process order and on the remaining days it simply distributes the quantity the way it does in ECC and since the start date's quantity has been prorated, the remaining quantity is made available the next day after the End date of the process order.

Is this normal ? If it was to respect the ATP bucket, it should prorate the quantities on all the days. Why only one the first day ?

Appreciate your thoughts.

An example case mentioned below where 1080 CS of quantity with start date as 24th and end date as 28th gets split spreading to 29th. In MD04, I can see it as 216 on each day from 24 till 28th.

Thanks & Best Regards,

BK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Babu,

As per consulting note   456278

In the R/3 system, the distribution occurs over the duration of the entire order, whereas in APO it occurs over the duration of the activity. This means that there are always differences for requirements and receipts dates between the R/3 system and APO and these can be seen in the requirements/stock list.The only exception is the integration of orders with only one operation/phase and only one processing section.

Also refer this document,

Scenario - Using Continuous Input Output in PPDS - Supply Chain Management (SCM) - SCN Wiki

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Brahmankar,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did go through the WIki mentioned by you after which I learned to CIF the PDS to APO to make this work. But, what I am interested in is to see if there is a possibility to synch both the systems on same level. Instead of distributing the quantities based on ATP bucket., I would want to do it similar to ECC. If that requires a customization, may be I would need to do this. Also, it is strange APO system doesn't understand the custom distribution keys ( maybe it's because the definition is in the ECC side ).

Thanks & Best Regards,

Babu Kilari

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As I know there is no standard customization for it.

According to oss note 456278 there is no direct mapping between

distribution key and continous consumption.

BADI  /SAPAPO/CL_EX_CIF_OP  method method "ORDER_OUTB_MODIFY_AFTER_EXTRAC" implementation you could change activity end time and the availability date.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Brahmankar !!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

See if the note helps 456278 - Distribution key/continuous receipt, requirements

Thanks, Nikhil