cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Based Disaggregation Doubling Up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the scenario where i am trying to view a value entered in months in a different data view with time buckets of weeks.

I understand that weeks don't line up perfectly with months and some weeks span two months. Eg, Week 9 = starts 29th Feb 2016 and is 1 day from Feb and 6 days from march.

My understanding of technical periods is that it will work it out in days and calculate the week as 1/7th from Feb and 6/7th's from March.

My key figure setting for time based disaggregation is K, based on another key figure. Strucutre disagg is P as required.

What I am seeing is that the Week 9 gets a full week share of Feb and ALSO a full week share of March, so the week is doubled in size.

It is also interesting to notice that when the key figure I am basing the time based disagregation on is colpletly blank it works fine and as expected. BUT if I have a value in the key figure, it adds doubles as described above.

Our storage bucket profile is Months / Weeks / Fiscal periods. (The fiscal period is defined as the month split into monday to sunday units)

Why is this doubling up and applying a full week share twice so week 9 has DOUBLE quantity? does technical periods not work if a fiscal variant is used?

S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check how the weightages are stored internally in Live cache and that might help you in understanding the numbers coming up - Please have a look at below Note -

1902413 - Disaggregation incorrect? - How to analyze time based disaggregation and see the internal time based disaggregation factors

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Further investigation has shown the issue lies in disaggregation from weeks to the fiscal variant.

it appears the disagg does not use number of days / technical periods. For example Week9 is 1 day February and 6 days march. if I enter a value of 10 for week 9, and then look at my fiscal periods time bucket I see that the 1 day 29th Feb has a value of 10. AND the 6 days 1-6th March also have 10.

So does anyone have any comment of disaggregation from weeks to posting period fiscal variants?

it doesn't appear to consider number of days within the posting period.(Fiscal year variant)

SB

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You may need to clear the KF which is the base of disaggregation if you want to test this.
After clear the KF, make sure you perform a saving to have liveCache updated.
Then before you enter any quantity in the weekly cell, you'll also need to clear it and save.

BR,
Ada