cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting default value in multivalue characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

i need to setting with a procedure two or more default value for a characteristic multivalue.

I used the following syntax :

$SET_DEFAULT ($SELF, <characteristic>, <string>)

but i need to setting simultaneously two values because in the next procedure i would like to check the value specified or not, and if i use the different row as decribed below :

$SET_DEFAULT ($SELF, a, value1 )

$SET_DEFAULT ($SELF, a, value2 )

i can't try this situation.

Therefore my question is : is possible setting for car a the value 1 and value 2 with the same procedure?

$SET_DEFAULT ($SELF, a, value1, value 2 ) ? for example?

Thanks a lot

Daniele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniele Pistilli,

$SET_DEFAULT ($SELF, a, value1, value 2 ) will not work as it checks till first value string only and you will get a syntex error.

why dont you use ?

$SET_DEFAULT ($SELF, a, value1 ),

$SET_DEFAULT ($SELF, a, value2 ).

as once this procedure will trigger it will seup default and then the next procedure will triger which checks speficied.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

i need to set default value but be able the user to delete this value (also to have empty value),

but when i get the IF to set the DEL_DEFAULT the the first value leads the don't work of the procedure.

Do you have other soluction for set the value default and allow during configuration to delete this value with another value or with to have no value?

Thanks a lot

Daniele

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniele Pistilli,

If I am at your place and setting up default with an option for user to change this default, i would consider having " NO VALUE" as one of the value. So if user don't agree with default value he/she can change it to desire value or select "NO VALUE". Its much simpler then setting and deleting defaults and deal with blank values.

Please check and reply. Hope it may help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh.

i think i'll do it

Thanks a lot

Daniele

Answers (0)