Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 & SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anybody has expercience with Implementing Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 (Formerly known as Forefront) and SAP.

Are there SAP Guide's available somewhere.

I've looked but did not find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Kr,

Bram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I doubt that SAP will provide documentation for product that is made by other company. I assume that by SAP you mean some software from SAP that is based on ABAP AS. It's also not clear which way you want to integrate. Do you want to provision users to SAP or use SAP system as source of users?

For provisioning users to SAP I quickly checked and it seems to be based around Active Directory. AD is basically LDAP so I would look into synchronizing users between LDAP and ABAP. E.g. this page could be a good start:

Synchronization of SAP User Administration with an LDAP-Compatib - Identity Management - SAP Library

But It's possible that there is a standard adapter for this from Microsoft.

For other way around this blog seems to have some info.

https://pellitterisbiztalkblog.wordpress.com/2014/09/14/integrate-sap-hr-and-active-directory-using-...

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I doubt that SAP will provide documentation for product that is made by other company. I assume that by SAP you mean some software from SAP that is based on ABAP AS. It's also not clear which way you want to integrate. Do you want to provision users to SAP or use SAP system as source of users?

For provisioning users to SAP I quickly checked and it seems to be based around Active Directory. AD is basically LDAP so I would look into synchronizing users between LDAP and ABAP. E.g. this page could be a good start:

Synchronization of SAP User Administration with an LDAP-Compatib - Identity Management - SAP Library

But It's possible that there is a standard adapter for this from Microsoft.

For other way around this blog seems to have some info.

https://pellitterisbiztalkblog.wordpress.com/2014/09/14/integrate-sap-hr-and-active-directory-using-...

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I'll check it out.

I was indeed refering to provisioning users to SAP.