Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI 730 Patch 14 crash/ 740(Patch 7)

fulvioval
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi friends! I need some help.

My SapGUI 730(patch 14) is crashing when I try to connect in any server, it just close when I double click in any entry, even before open password screen. I tried SapGUI 740(patch 7) but I got same problem.

I'm already tried to reinstall, reinstall without patchs but no sucess.

EDIT: I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit

Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vijaigeethach
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fulvio Valente,

Here are some checkpoints to check.

1. Check if you have multiple MSOffice installed.. We have seen this type of issues when customer have mixed office installation with some parts of office 2010 and some parts of office 2013. This is not supported by Microsoft also. You can check this in your Control Panel->Add/remove program. When SAPGUI start up it loads in office dll's like ACECORE.dll. Issue can happen when there are multiple installations. Try cleaning up all office products and reinstalling.

2. A corrupted History db/tab chain also can do this. Try switching off tabchain(note 2244786) and switching off history in the sapgui options dialog and check this issue. This is also something that gets loaded when connection is made.

3. If the above both points do not help then the only way to figure out what is happening is taking a crash dump of the issue as per note 1387962- Analyzing crashing SAP Logon/SAPGUI process and opening an incident with SAPGUI support.

Regards,

Geetha.

fulvioval
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaigeetha Chittaranjan, thanks for answer.

I checked MSOffice and I have only 2013 installed in Add/Remove programs, but I'm not sure how it's installed and older file versions in this machine. I tried to disable tabchain and history but still no sucess.

Before I try option 3, I'll contact support and make a clean install of Windows, maybe this work, 'cause this machine have a lot of junk files.

Thanks for your help!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

When you uninstalled, Did you also remove/check all reg keys and temp folders?

And by the way.

SAPGUi 7.30 is not supported anymore, so you should consider running 7.40 instead.