cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System picking up same PO while transferring the cost item in Shipment Cost Document

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

While creating Shipment cost document when I select the transfer option for the shipment cost item system picks the same Purchase order.

I have a requirement to always create a new Purchase order instead of picking the open PO. Could you please suggest what settings would be require to achieve this. I look forward to your valuable inputs.

Regards,

J K Tharwani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

According to the help documentation you always have to have a PO created before you can get a service entry from freight cost settlement.  Shipment Cost Settlement with Service Agent - Transportation (LE-TRA) - SAP Library - see the section "Purchase order determination"

Did you read somewhere else that you can auto create POs from freight cost settlement?

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs Jurgen

Yes you rightly said that during freight cost settlement PO is created, and I believe the same is initiated while we select the "transfer" check box for the cost item. At this very moment the PO is created for the cost item.

I have a requirement wherein when I am working with another shipment cost document and at the time of "transfer" a new PO (same Purchase org, vendor & plant) should be created instead of system proposing the same PO.

Looking forward to your valuable inputs.

Regards,

J K Tharwani

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if you can make your desire happen.

There is an OSS note (bug fix) that removed this creation of new purchase orders: 740295 - RV54POCR: Transfer creates new purchase order in each case

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen for your inputs,

The note is already covered in current release of the system I am working.

Regards,

J K Tharwani