Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent Unavailable -- Not able to connect to Solution Manager

former_member210909
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

While installing Diagnostic Agent on System below are the issues i have come across, And this is for first time i have seen such behaviour of any System.

1. While Assign SLD step and Connect to Solution Manager steps in SWPM, it was not accepting the hostname(I use to get error message hostname could not be reached, wherein the host name assigned was absolutely correct). Then Proceeded in this steps by assigning IP Addresses.

2. While connecting DAA to Solution Manager Step, DAA was not getting connected to Solution Manager via SWPM steps.

3. Some how DAA was installed. Then I came to connect DAA step in System Preparation, I checked DAA installed appears in SLD list, but while trying to connect it to SolMan it gives an warning (Agent Unavailable) no other error i could see. PFB screenshot for same.

4. I also tried to connect this DAA via smdsetup script, After executing the script i get the success message. But the Status is still the same for DAA.

5. I have tried uninstalling/installing new DAA on system, but still the same.

Please let me know if there is any way i can get this issue resolved so that DAA can be installed.

Note: System on which i am trying to install DAA is recently refreshed with its Production System, So please let me know if i have missed to check any pre-requisite in this case.

Thanks,

Rakesh Bhor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member210909
Participant
0 Kudos

Solution manager host details were not added in hosts file of Managed System, After adding it i was able to connect the DAA to Solution Manager.

Thanks for your replies.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

It could be because of gw/acl_mode = 1 in the default profile of the SLD server. With this parameter you donot allow any system to connect your SLD except the allowed ones.

Either disable this parameter with 0 value or try to change Gateway Access Control Lists using the link

Gateway Access Control Lists - Application Server Infrastructure - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

KBA 1907909 explains how to do it. Check the part that explains how to find the correct port in the Solution Manager to connect the agent. Usually this is the cause of the issue.

Then, try to connect the agent again, and if it does not work, provide the most recently updated SMDSystem*.log of this agent.

Regards,

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You wrote "I use to get error message hostname could not be reached".

Have you check you can connect to Solution Manager host outside of the SWPM process.

For example nslookup and ping are working??

Also check the other way around (Solution Manager to new Diag host)