cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packaging Type in Export Declaration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I like to know how the packaging type in the export declaration document in GTS is populated. SPRO shows GTS packaging type is mapped to packaging type of ECC. Although I could not find the packaging material type assigned in ECC in Material Master for a material, still GTS picks the packaging type for that material.

Can you please let me know the flow from where GTS picks the packaging type, packaging number and the packages..

And issue is that for NE packaging type (Not packed or packaged),my system is populating the item qty as the number of packaging.

Want to know how the system is picking wrong package qty (item quantity) for a NE packaging type.

Thanks

Sudesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudesh,

I also had to fight with the packaging data transferred to GTS. On top, in our process, when we create the customs document, the delivery is not yet packed or better said no packaging data is available in the delivery yet.

So, as you said, package type is mapped even in your system. But one step before that, in GTS it´s defined what type of package the mapped package type is. This you can find in the customs code list. "SPRO > Global Trade Services > Customs Management > Customs Code Lists > Maintain Customs Code Lists for Legal Regulation". There choose your legal regulation and afterwards the Customs Code Lists "PGETY Package Type". Here you can see of what type your GTS package type is. NE for example is by standard package category "2 Sales Packaging/Not packed". Based on this category you can afterwards assign this code to either a packaging material type (used in the packaging functionality in the delivery, SPRO > Global Trade Services > Customs Management > Customs Code Lists > Assignment of Packaging Material Types from Feeder Systems) or to assign this code to a sales unit measure (SPRO > Global Trade Services > Customs Management > Customs Code Lists > Derive Package Type from Sales Unit).

The second assignment is used, if your delivery is not packed and GTS derives the package type directly from the sales unit. And now, that answers your last question. As your delivery is not packed, GTS picks the sales unit and maps it and also takes the total item quantity in GTS package data.

Hope that helps a bit and it´s not too confusing.

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias

I checked the configurations which you mentioned and it is existing in my system.

The issue I face is in the customs declaration for NE package type is that, the number of packages is populated as it is from the quantity.

If the item qty = 12, then "number of packages" is showing12. If item qty is 15, then "number of packages" is showing as 15. So the issue is when there is no packaging done for NE, how does the system is wrongly showing the packaging ?

My assumption is that the item with NE packaging type will have "number of packages" as 0.

We also use TM, Does TM send this packaging data?

Thanks

Sudesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudesh,

so, the behavior you described sounds logical to me. As I assume NE is categorized as "2 Sales Packaging/Not packed" and mapped to a sales unit in IMG "SPRO > Global Trade Services > Customs Management > Customs Code Lists > Derive Package Type from Sales Unit" GTS takes the sales quantity from the order/delivery and map it to the custom code NE (as you have set it up in the customizing). We often have this case and due to customs regulations that´s correct.

If you expect 0 number of packages, will you then manually maintain the package data in the GTS customs declaration? Or how else should GTS get the needed information?

I guess from TM you cannot get the needed information. GTS can to my knowledge only fetch packaging data while the customs document is created from the linked delivery.

Come back if you more questions.

Tobias

Answers (0)