cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Screen component DO -LOOP in CBTA test script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir

We have installed  CBTA 3.0 SP1 is aligned with ST-TST 300 SP1 and Solution Manager ST 7.1 SP8 .

I have created test script for tcode VT01N. To pass multiple outbound deliveries in Outbound delivery selection screen,

can I use DO-LOOP screen components? . It possibile can any one provide sample testscript using these screen components

Pls help

Thanks  in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayalakshmi.

Of course you can use loop capabilities of CBTA. Please look at this page. There is a lot of helpful information on how it can be done.

And also you can use it with your screen component. This screen component is only automaticaly generated component for filling up screen of transaction with your data or parameters. I do not personally use this option but feel free to test it on your own. In my opinion it is better to have one component to handle one parameter rather than have one screen component to handle all parameter on selected screen.

And please use at least CBTA SP4 or higher. A lot of bugs was repaired.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply

I have tried the steps mentioned in the link given by you. But it did not work.

my question is, While recording I have created shipment with only 2 outbound deliveries.

But I want modify the script by adding Screen component DO-EXIT do to get the multiple outbound deliveries i.e Number of obds can be changed dynamically.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayalakshmi.

There may be more than one reason for sript to fail. First of all, have you prepared the sequence of component to be suited for loop? For example in automated process flow you have to go back few steps to prepare GUI for another loop. If not, CBTA will always fail because it could not find proper element.

Second. I am sorry but I am not familiar with outbound deliveries but based on what you wrote so far I think that the problem could be solved with test data container.

Please also have in mind that CBTA is primarily used for testing integrated tests. It is often better to create one composite test for handling one variant from beginning to end.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sir,

I have talked to basis team to implement CBTA SP4. As you said , I will try to create test data container with different outbound delivery in each variant

Thanks

0 Kudos

Did it work for you? I would suggest you use the latest CBTA 3.0.6.2 version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir

we have asked our basis team to upgrade CBTA

thanks

Answers (0)