cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using TimeProfile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For my PA I am using a time profile having following levels: 1) Day, 2) Week, 3) Month, 4) Quarter, 5) Year

I want the base planning Level to be at weekly. Is this possible? How??

Regards,

Indaarjit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indaarjit,

You can select storage time profile level as weekly in planning area configuration to create planning levels only at weekly or higher level.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit for the update.

Can you please tell me the steps by which I can achieve this? Actually, my PA is currently having Planning Level with Root Period as Daily. I want to convert this to Root to Weekly.

Regards,

Indaarjit

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

well, than just remove the flag for the days and mark the weeks as root..

To do so, go to planning level configuration and click on the level you want to adjust

Then on the right upper side of your screen you will find a couple of buttons. The second from right is some kind of "list" symbol with a clock and a green circle on the top

CLick on that and see that the green circly switches to the botton:

YOu will note that the botton right of it gets active now. If you would click on that, you would delete the whole planning level

But you will see as well that flags "Mark for deletion" will appear roght of your attributes. Flag the days to delete

You'll get a warning which you need to confirm. Than mark the week as root, save and pray that your activation runs through smoothly 🙂

Yours

Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irmi,

Thanks for this update.

I tried exactly the same thing as you have mentioned, but my activation failed

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indaarjit,

Can you share the error message and logs.

Thanks, Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Following is the excerpt from the log repot:

E - Please maintain only one time-profile-level root attribute for plan-level "PERPRODCUST"

E - Please maintain only one time-profile-level root attribute for plan-level "PERPRODLOCCUST"

E - Please maintain only one time-profile-level root attribute for plan-level "PERPRODLOCLOCFR"

E - Please maintain only one time-profile-level root attribute for plan-level "PERPRODLOCSRC"

E - Please maintain only one time-profile-level root attribute for plan-level "PERPRODLOCCOMPSRC"

E - Please maintain only one time-profile-level root attribute for plan-level "PERPRODLOC"

E - Please maintain only one time-profile-level root attribute for plan-level "PERPRODLOCRES"

E - Please maintain only one time-profile-level root attribute for plan-level "PERLOCRES"

E - Please maintain only one time-profile-level root attribute for plan-level "PERPRODFMLCUSTRGN"

E - Please maintain only one time-profile-level root attribute for plan-level "PERPRODCUSTCURR"

E - Please maintain only one time-profile-level root attribute for plan-level "PERPRODCUSTEVENT"

E - Please maintain only one time-profile-level root attribute for plan-level "PERPRODLOCLOCFRSPROD"

E - Please maintain only one time-profile-level root attribute for plan-level "PERPRODFMLLOC"

E - Please maintain only one time-profile-level root attribute for plan-level "PERRESSRC"

E - Please maintain only one time-profile-level root attribute for plan-level "PERPRODLOCTOLOC"

E - Please maintain only one time-profile-level root attribute for plan-level "PERPRODLOCTO"

E - Please maintain only one time-profile-level root attribute for plan-level "PERPRODTOLOCPRODSRC"

E - Please maintain only one time-profile-level root attribute for plan-level "PERCURRCURRTO"

E - Please maintain only one time-profile-level root attribute for plan-level "PERPRODUOMUOMTO"

Even though I was trying to delete the day and make Week as root, this is what was happening repeatedly.

Regards,

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Check in all your planning level, that you really have weeks now as root, and not in addition PERIODID as root but only (if you need them) as non-root

Removing time period attributes is pretty tricky, and it tends to flag automatically some wrong fields in IBP5