cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Ingredients Management & use in Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP experts,

I read the sap document regarding the batch specific UoM and Active ingredient management , and I understand the inbound flow , but would need more clarification regarding the production side.

How to ensure that the correct inbound batch (with the required conversion ratio) has been chosen in my final good production batch? Do we need to setup this? Or should be done manually?

Sorry for my basic questions, but I am not IT oriented but try to understand to link technical solution with our business requirements..

Maybe you had the chance to work on this...

Thanks.

Sandra.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Active Ingredient Management system takes into account batch-specific conversion factors between active ingredient quantities and physical material quantities, so that you can execute goods movements and stock movements for these materials based on the physical material quantity.

It use material master data for the materials if in 'Proportion/ prod. unit' unit of measure used is Proportion unit .Active ingredient materials (Units of measure usage = "Proportion unit").

Please read these useful documents,

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a021e088-3428-2d10-799d-a69349248...

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R. Brahmankar,

Thank you. I am now reading doc 2 and 3 as 1 was already read some days agao.

Do you know if active ingredient can be used in monitoring the presence of chemical contamination such as herbicides?

Example: I have a raw material inbound batch which is inspected with a high level of contamination : 10%.

The acceptance for a specific finish good production is only 5%.

Is this a solution to use active ingredient management functionality or only batch management is enough?

Thank you!

Sandra.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Can we use batch management for rework scenario but without batch specific unit of measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you know if active ingredient can be used in monitoring the presence of chemical contamination such as herbicides?

Example: I have a raw material inbound batch which is inspected with a high level of contamination : 10%.

The acceptance for a specific finish good production is only 5%.

Is this a solution to use active ingredient management functionality or only batch management is enough?

Thank you!

Sandra.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use the batch management with batch specific unit of measure.

Please read my blog  Catch Weight Management which explain it in details.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar