cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ET_EXPANDED_TECH_CLAUSES Parameter in GET_EXPANDED_ENTITY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abapers,

In get_expand_entity we have a export parameter ET_EXPANDED_TECH_CLAUSES we have to populate this table with Navigation Property if we didn't populate this table what will happen?, i debugged the code i didn't get any idea and red more theories, anyone please explain me Technically what is the use of this table if i didn't fill what issue may come.

Regards,

Lokesh Srinivasan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lokesh,

As far as i know we fill that in ET_EXPANDED_TECH_CLAUSES  to tell GW Frame Work not to call get_expand_entity again for the child entity as we have already filled child details along with the header as part of GW response.

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Thank You for  response.

you mean system will not call get_expand_entity again and again to populate child nodes.

the same explanation i red but i tried without filling ET_EXPANDED_TECH_CLAUSES my get_expand_entity triggered only once and get_entityset triggered multiple times (Based On Navigation Property) even if i fill ET_EXPANDED_TECH_CLAUSES there is no difference in code execution way.

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the URL ? Can please share ?

Have you defined any referential constraints ?

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my scenario flow which i am seeing is when  et_expanded_tech_clauses is not filled then calls goes to corresponding EntitySet method of each entities with navigation path.

If  et_expanded_tech_clauses is filled then only  get_expanded_entity is called.

Have you defined any referential constraints between entities ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Referential constraints means Cardinality right?

*Header to Partner

lo_association = model->create_association( iv_association_name = 'HeaderToPartner'

iv_left_type               = 'NotifHeader'

iv_right_type             = 'NotifPartner'

iv_left_card              = cardinality_entity

iv_right_card            = cardinality_feed ).

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Cardinality and Referential Constraints are different.

However not sure why code execution is same even if you fill ET_EXPANDED_TECH_CLAUSES.

Are you filling ET_EXPANDED_TECH_CLAUSES with caps ?

Say for example -  where ADDRESS and DEPARTMENT are the navigation properties.

lv_add = 'ADDRESS'.

lv_dept = 'DEPARTMENT'.

APPEND lv_add TO et_expanded_tech_clauses.

APPEND lv_dept TO et_expanded_tech_clauses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Caps

my code :

APPEND 'ToOrder'    TO et_expanded_tech_clauses.

APPEND 'ToPartner'  TO et_expanded_tech_clauses.

APPEND 'ToMaterial' TO et_expanded_tech_clauses.

APPEND 'ToTask'     TO et_expanded_tech_clauses.

APPEND 'ToActivity' TO et_expanded_tech_clauses.

'ToOrder' is my navigation Property.

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Navigation Properties in Caps to be filled to et_expanded_tech_clauses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Loads of thanks Ashwin.

My Navigation Property name is ToOrder so i appended ToOrder is should be capital like you said TOORDER now its working fine.

Thanks & Regards.

Lokesh Srinivasan.

Answers (0)