cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different between GeneXus and Eclipse (NWDI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please help me to find out different between GeneXus and Eclipse. We are going to do Java development with SAP.

which is good Soft for object development.

Regards,

Kim.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disclaimer: I work at GeneXus. But I’ll give you what I think is an objective answer.

> From a Technical Standpoint

GeneXus is a Software Development Suite, that consists in an IDE and a declarative programming language that allow programmers to increase productivity while developing software. It belongs to another software development paradigm, closer to Model Driven Development than to traditional programming. GeneXus generates software for Java and .Net, and also Native Mobile Applications for Android, iOS and Windows.

For SAP, GeneXus has a ERP Connector for SAP ERP, that simplifies connecting and creating apps around SAP ERP. It allows to connect and include the SAP ERP BAPIs in the project and develop Native Mobile and Web apps for SAP ERP. We're also finishing a solution to simplify creating Apps with SAP HANA DB and deploy them in SAP HCP.

> From a Philosophic point of view:

But there is a underlying thing you have to consider, in my opinion, before you take a decision about GeneXus or not, and it’s “what do you like about creating software? What does make you feel rewarded about it?”.

- Do you love software creation because you love coding, knowing the nuisances of a programming languages, and taking pleasure in being under the hood, talking with the machine in their language while tweaking stuff?

Lots of coders live here, and it’s all right. We have many of them making GeneXus, but GeneXus itself as a tool is not for them.

Or

- Do you love software creation, because you want to move business forward in an effective way, delivering and maintaining software efficiently? Do you take pleasure successfully delivering software to you clients?

Other programmers live here. They’re more pragmatic, they’re not married to any particular language, but to delivering solutions, and GeneXus is the right match for them.

Another questions you might ask yourself to see if GeneXus can work for you are: 

Is there a though deadline around? Is some old technology dying and do you need to rapidly move to another and keep business running? Do you to integrate different software solutions and datasources?

GeneXus excels for those scenarios.

You may take a look at GeneXus ERP Connector for SAP here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCUU-KnCQyg

And some of the GeneXus’ Online Training here:

http://training.genexus.com/english/genexus-training-home?en

If you are curious about our philosophy check this out:

http://www.genexus.com/company/company?en

Hope this answer helps and good luck to you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks For great Answer. We decided to go ahead with GeneXus and SAP Connector.

IF you have any sample guide on BAPI SAP and Genexus, please send me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure!

Just follow my profile in SAP SCN and I will send you a Direct Message (otherwise I can't).

Or through Linkedin would be allright too: linkedin.com/in/gsimonet

Other path could be an email to info@genexus.com, with my name in it as a reference. We' will be glad to help you.

Cheers!

Message was edited by: Gabriel Simonet

Answers (0)