cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi PI Experts,

0 Kudos

I am working for a interface. The sender is a SFTP server and receiver is FTP server. The Sender SFTP server is sending a file by encrypting and the receiver FTP have to decrypt and kept it in the server. We are using PGP Encryption in this scenario. We are using PO 7.4. I have the following questions in my mind.

1. Do we able to do SFTP (Encryption) to FTP (Decryption) ?

2. If yes, what are all the parameters we need to use in Module tab of receiver to decrypt the file?

Please, suggest your feedbacks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

>>>>>1. Do we able to do SFTP (Encryption) to FTP (Decryption) ?

You can use PGPEncryption module in SFTP channel and PGPDecryption module in FIle channel.

>>>>>2. If yes, what are all the parameters we need to use in Module tab of receiver to decrypt the file?

You can refer below blogs for configuration.

Regards,

Praveen.

0 Kudos

Thank you Praveen Gandepalli. Let you know if i am facing any issues after using these parameters.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi PI Experts,

We have added the Decryption Parameters in the sender communication channel and used requirement parameters in module tab. We are getting the following error. Please, help us to rectify this error.

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Can you please share your module screenshot.

0 Kudos

The error which we are getting in Communication channel monitoring.

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Make sure your key size is 1024 bits or above. Please refer the below link.

Best Regards,

Karthik

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Install the Unlimited Jurisdiction Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) policy files as per this note

1887289 - Enable strong PGP encryption – JCE unlimited strength jurisdiction policy files

Regards,

Praveen.

0 Kudos

Since we will be using the default path('usr/sap/<System ID>/<Instance ID>/sec') to keep private key. we have not used the parameter keyRootPath.

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Is the scenario working or still facing any issue ? If your issue resolved please close the thread.

0 Kudos

We are working on 1887289 - Enable strong PGP encryption – JCE unlimited strength jurisdiction policy files note. Once, it works i will close the thread.

Thank you!

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Vijay,

As suggested by Praveen,Please follow the above links.

Please find the Module parameters to be used in the Channel for Encryption and decryption.

Have you generated your public and private keys ?

Have you exchanged  public keys with your sender?

0 Kudos
Hi Sahithi M,

1) Have you generated your public and private keys ?

Since, the sender is sending the files in encrypted format. We have generated both the keys and shared the public key with them. They have used our public key to encrypt the file and sending us.

2) Have you exchanged  public keys with your sender?

Yes we have shared our public key with them for encryption.

So, if this is the case. Do we need to use the Decryption parameters in Receiver channel only right?. Please suggest. 

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to use Decryption parameters in Sender channel.So once the Sender channel picks the file it will decrypt the encrypted file and sends it to Recceiver channel.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

if the sender is just doing encryption then you are ready to go you can use only decryption parameter , in case if the sender is signing too then you need to get there public key and  place that  in your PI server and use this key in module to verify signature which is showed in the screenshot shared by Sahithi.

br,

Manoj