cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't connect to repository from PowerDesigner 16.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could not connect to repository from my PD 16.5 this afternoon. The ODBC connection is ok. And I could connect to the repository from PD this morning as well. There is no error message, the PowerDesigner just hanging, no response. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Laura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura - I had similar issues when we did our upgrade to 16.5.5 a couple months ago. Proxy connections were extremely slow or the whole thing just died. I ended up connecting via direct connection (which was only a little bit slow) and opened and updated all models in the repository to the new version. It was a pain and took a couple hours but the problem went away for the most part.

Also - we have everything running on the same machine (portal, proxy, etc.) - I noticed after the upgrade to 16.5.5 that the machine was right up to the max for RAM utilization at times. This resulted in slowness or clients hanging as well. I added a few more GB to the server and that resulted in some further improvement. All seems to be relatively happy now.

Bruce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for replying. I used direct connection. My connection to repository inside PD was resumed in the second day...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to connect to the repository again and got error as: "SQLSTATE = 23000 ORA-00001: unique constraint (xxxx) violated". Anybody experienced similar problems? Thanks. Laura

former_member192453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

What version of PowerDesigner are you using? Are you using a direct connection or connecting via the proxy?

Anthony