Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update execution status with Manual Event from EM

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

when entering a manual event for an Fu or Fo, the execution status does not get updated. One client is using the Chaco method to update the status (problem with refresh delay), the other is using a view exit to suppress the manual event and post a real EM event instead. Before doing this enhancement again, may I kindly check if there are any plans in standard sap TM to have the manual event update the execution status the same way as the standard automatic event. If there is, I 'd rather open an incident. If not, plse advise what is the best way to do that using an enhancement.

Many thanks in advance

Petra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petra,

the standard functionality like execution status update works independent from how the event is reported. A specific enhancement to get the standard updates working is definitely not needed.

If the behaviour is different between reporting event e.g. in SAP EM and the propagation is done to SAP TM or manual reporting of the event in SAP TM, you should first identify the root cause for this. In the standard coding there is made no difference between these cases and the behaviour should be the same.

Best regards, Daniel

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Daniel, Gopi,

Thanks for this confirmation. I promise you that we test if the standard works before we do a development. It definitely does not work. I am working now on an example where I test the LOAD_END and UNLOAD_END using standard EM posting and the execution status is not updated. Description of the EM event is READ FROM EM. Will open an OSS note.

maybe, misunderstanding about manual event. A manual event for e is an event that I post directly in SAP TM.

Thx

Petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petra,

Yes if you post through directly in SAP TM, it doesn't have impact as it works same way.

Is this issue coming post upgrade which you refer in previous discussion?

Please create SAP OSS message and give the number here.  Daniel/Steffen can check and let you know the issue.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petra,

If it's showing READ FROM EM, that means the event didn't propagated to TM document. When you post event in EM, it has to successfully execute the ruleset method TM_MAINTAIN_EXEC_INF for your events. If TM_MAINTAIN_EXEC_INF is successful then the status should show propagated and your document status also should change accordingly.

Check your events and see if the location on the event is OK. Since most of the time, the reasons for events not being propagated to TM from EM is the issue with the event location.

Debug the rule TM_MAINTAIN_EXEC_INF and see what the issue is.

Thanks,

Vishnu

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

remember what Daniel tought me once and what is written in the test guide about the commit work for automaatic events. It must say PROPAGATED FROM EM. Just ran the test now and it works for automatic event. the execution status is updated correctly for unload_end and LOAD_END. But, delivery status is not updated. When posting the manual event, this is NOT working.

Regards

Petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe it's happening again

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try to check in my system and see what's the behavior. It will take sometime for me to adjust current settings in my system but will try and let you know soon.

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ok, will create oss note.

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vishnu,

yes, plse do. This will help. I will try to find an example and create an oss. But, will take a few days.

Thx for your help. Much apreciated.

Petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before I configure to start testing, we are talking about having appropriate statuses in the following screen shot ( from statuses tab ) when we post from EM to TM. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petra ,

I tried in my system and execution system is getting updated based on condition when i reported event manually in TM .

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

yes, execution status and log exec status on the FO and execution status and dlv status on the FU.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petra,

If it is manual event or automatically update or send through EDI or send through some other medium.  All works same way to update unless we have any customization that would have impacted the logic.

We had a similar scenario where we enhanced the function in EM WebUI that would caused the issue to update manually but seamlessly updating events Automatically.  So, the client customization affects SAP standard behaviors.

Please check any customization that had impacted the code.

Regards

GGOPII