Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.4 Dual stack: file adapter unable to pick up source file

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have recently migrated one scenario(File to Proxy one) from PI 7.11 dual stack to PI 7.4 dual stack system.

After migration, we have observed that in PI 7.4 dual stack system, that file adapter is not able to pick the source file throwing error FTPEx: 550 Unexpected reply codeThe filename, directory name... Here the source file is having chinese characters in its filename(for ex:

吸入用复方异丙托溴铵溶液-84盒_20151116-005_8899666000056621-001_盒10支_2.txt). File pattern is mentioned as *.txt in channel.

So, we have switched back to PI 7.11 system, where the interface is running successfully with out any issue.

During migration, we have done just simple file export and import transport and didn't change configuration/design parameters as both are dual stack systems.

I have attached channel ping screen shot, please check for reference.

We have raised oss message to SAP, but SAP could not provide any solution to this bug till now.

Could you please let us know if you encountered any such issue or your valuable suggestions.

P.S: Scenario is not a complicated one. Just used simple FCC at the sender end, simple mapping to convert source to proxy message.

Regards

Vishnu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu

I haven't encountered this myself before but maybe the FTP channel in PI 7.4 is unable to determine the encoding of the file name.

You can try setting a suitable encoding for the Chinese characters with file.encoding. Refer question 20 in SAP Note 821267.

Regards

Eng Swee

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have tried with both options, keeping the file type as binary and text(with encoding options Big-5/Big5, ISO-8859-1 etc..), but didn't work, got the same error.

I have refered the file adapter FAQ note, but didn't get much help from it.

I am just wondering how come the same scenario has working in PI 7.11 system, since at the end both are dual stack systems.

Regards

Vishnu

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu

I'm refering to the encoding on the filename, not the file content. If you refer to the note, it provides instructions on how to configure the system property for the filename encoding.

I can't really answer why the difference in behavior, but might be a JRE thing based on the SAP Note.

Regards

Eng Swee

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

The encoding of the file name they are having is Big-5, and I have tried to give the same one in our PI channel, but still got the same error.

Does the issue is with the patch files present in PI dual stack 7.4 version since the same interface is running successfully in PI 7.11 version where the file type is mentioned as Binary in the channel configuration.

Regards

Vishnu

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu

Please check again the answer to question 20 in the SAP Note I mentioned. The changes are in the JVM property, not the channel.

Note the difference between filename encoding and content encoding.

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

Yes, we have tried those option also by setting the attribute Dfile.encoding=<encoding> in JVM, but could not yield anything.

Regards

Vishnu

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, no further ideas on this. Let us know if SAP comes back with something. All the best!

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

Just to update you that, I have tested the same file with NFS protocol(i.e. uploading into a dummy directory on PI app server), and it worked perfectly fine.

In the channel configuration, I used the encoding as ISO-8859-1.

So, for the time being, we are taking this as a workaround till SAP comes back with a solution..

Regards

Vishnu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Are you able to pick other files(non-Chinese characters) in this folder? if not you may check if your PI has read access of the files.

Regards,

Robert

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hailong,

We have tried with english characters in the file name and the scenario has worked fine.

Regards

Vishnu

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

what the configuration in the sender FTP channel, does it read the file as binary or text?