Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Upload in MDG-F for GL Accounts

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are co-deploying MDG in ECC. We are not using MDG-Hub.

We are loading data from ECC to MDG for the first time. (Only GL Accounts and Cost Centers in scope).

For this we will be using 'File Upload' functionality.

To upload the GL Accounts company code data, should we first upload the 'company' data first into the MDG staging table?

Thanks in advance,

Z

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zubin

You can go through the link posted by me for step by step file upload process -

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-50178

Regarding your question - You have to load the Company - Nothing but Trading partner's first in MDG hub. You have a option to load the same. Once it is done, load all the GL at COA level then your operational GL accounts.

Kiran

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

Thanks for the reply, but you are referring how to load in MDG-Hub.

Also, your document is about MDG-Hub. I've already read it but it is not relevant for us as we are not implementing Hub.

We are co-deploying MDG in ECC.

Can you please reply on this front if we need to first load a file for 'Company' data before loading the GL Accounts into MDG staging table?

Regards,

Z

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, a follow-up question:

What is the difference between using program USMD_DATA_TRANSFER_BACKEND in ECC to upload versus using 'File Upload' functionality to upload within MDG itself?

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I have now seen one of your responses on this link:

So I now understand why we should use this program compared to directly using 'File Upload' option in MDG.

But my main question still remains - before uploading GL Accounts (company code data) in MDG - do we need to first upload 'company' data in MDG?

I am assuming that 'company' data is nothing but the company code setup - so this is configuration in ECC, which should get replicated automatically in MDG-F right?

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any thoughts on this?

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zubin

Please read the MDG-F configuration document and other documents. MDG-F data model is Flex and hence you have to load the data in MDG-F tables. There is no staging table concept for MDG-F.

Even if you are co-deploying MDG on top of ECC, you have to load the data in MDG tables first. It won't get directly updated in ECC tables.

Same process is applicable for co-deployment too.

Kiran

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I understand that MDG-F data model is Flex.

My question is more specific to loading GL Accounts.

Before loading GL Accounts - do we need to load the company details first?

If yes - what tables need to be extracted from ECC for this? (I don't think T001 is enough for this)

If no - it means we can load GL accounts directly (SKA1, SKB1, extraction and upload) as per your document.

I have gone through the steps in your document as well, and it does not mention anything about first uploading company details in MDG. It directly starts explaining how to upload Group Accounts, etc.

Assumption: We have not yet gone live. Hence, the company code is not yet available in MDG.

Thanks,

Z

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zubin

Company code is considered as config in ECC. Since your MDG is on top of ECC then you don't have to load the company code data.

For company i.e the Trading partner which is required while creating a group account, you have to load it in MDG table and not in T001 table. Check the file upload entity types. You can find out Company / Trading partner. Get all the data for company from ECC view - V_T880 and then load it in MDG through file upload.

If you have alternet account then make sure they are uploaded first before you load the GL.

If company codes not yet created then load the GL at COA level only and then you can extend it to company code later.

Kiran

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perfect. This helps. Thank you!

Answers (0)