cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain outgoing EDI-connection data for partner xxxxxx

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am attempting to create a new output type for a delivery.  Although this question has been asked and answered multiple times, none of the responses have worked.

Base issue to be resolved: A warehouse notification must be created for a storage location whenever STOCK TRANSPORT is delivered TO that storage location.

Solution determined: Create an output control triggered by delivering plant with a requirement.  Said requirement will be based on GOODS ISSUE being completed AND will interrogate a custom table based on delivering plant, receiving plant, and storage location.   (Using a requirement and a custom table fits our very complex plant/storage location scenario best).

What I have done so far:

Created output control:  ZLV2 (modeled after LAVA)  with access sequence (sales org, delivery type) and default values of immediate (4), EDI (6), and SH (Ship to party) partner type.

Processing routine for EDI (6) is RSNASTED...EDI_PROCESSING

Partner functions for EDI (6)  are      01 - Shipping Point

DP - Delivering Plant

SH - Ship To Party

New output type was added to the output determination procedure with the requirement of 901 (requirement discussed above). 

(Requirement has been verified via DEBUG....test deliveries pass or fail as expected).

Added entry to NACE:

<Delivery Plant>    Document Type UL     Function DP    Medium 6   Date/Time 4   Language EN

Created entry in WE20:

Under Partner Type DP and <Delivery Plant> there is the appropriate DESADV and message

controls V2.....ZLV2....and DELV

Problem:

Output does not automatically generate even though requirements say it should.   I can manually create the output BUT:

Requirements are ignored when entered manually.   If I use the partner type of DP, I get the message, "Maintain outgoing EDI-connection for partner xxxxxxx.".   If I use the partner type of 01 (shipping point), I get the message, "Partner xxxxx does not exist for partner function 01", as a warning.  I can hit enter through the warning and the output does generate.

FINAL WORDS:   HOW CAN I GET THE CONDITION TO GENERATE AUTOMATICALLY BASED ON THE DELIVERING PLANT or SHIPPING POINT?  Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As noted above, you need to maintain the output condition records for the output to be proposed automatically. But I suspect you might have some other issue there.

I don't see partner DP in our system, what exactly is it? In WE20 we can set up EDI profiles for the customer or vendor types, not for the plants. The partner function and output settings in WE20 need to match those in the document.

Also output determination analysis (available in the change transaction only, not in display) is an obvious place to check for such issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The output condition record is entered and is correct.

DP stands for delivering plant.  It is a partner that can be added to the purchase order though I have never seen it in either the vendor or customer master file area.  WE20 does have an entry for DP (I don't know if this is a customization or not) as well as VS for shipping point and B for bank and we use all three.

The analysis shows "found" but then it reads "The condition record for use B cannot be displayed".

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Without seeing your configuration and data in your system I honestly cannot answer more intelligently.

But something tells me you can't use DP partner with EDI medium. Normally the delivery output goes either to Ship-to (customer account) or Freight forwarder (vendor account). To be honest, I don't even understand why you believe this is an EDI scenario. Who would physically get those notifications for the storage location and what would they do with them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Please check if you have maintained the condition record for you output type.

Thanks, Nikhil