Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perform SAP HANA Database post-load activities hang

nicholas_bourgon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to install ECC 6.0 EHP7 on HANA on RHEL6. I first installed HANA and everything went right then I try to install ecc (on the same server) but it hang at "Perform SAP HANA Database post-load activities".

I have no error in the log it just stay there for hours. I have try stopping it and restarting it but it didn't help.

The last trace in the log is :

INFO       2016-02-22 10:27:28.840 (root/sapinst) [iaxxbjsmod.cpp:97] id=modlib.jslib.childAppSeeLog

Output of /usr/sap/EC6/SYS/exe/uc/linuxx86_64/dipgntab -rwr40 -srctt DDNTT -srctf DDNTF -dsttt DDNTT -dsttf DDNTF -ttonly TT is written to the logfile dipgntab.log.

The log file dipgntab.log is empty.

Any advice on what to do? Where I should look at?

Thank you,

Nicholas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2299897

Update the GLIBC package (and all packages associated with it) to the latest available version for RHEL6, which is currently glibc-2.12-1.166.el6_7.7. After updating please reboot the system to ensure that all processes pick up the new version. Then restart the SWPM tool to continue the installation.

Regards,

Robert

dai_bright
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

The initial advice from SAP was to revert the server to RHEL 6.6 , we did this and our installation worked.

Subsequently we received further details from SAP/Redhat ,  there is a bug in "dipgntab" that causes it to request a very large block of memory if the system where SAP is installed has more than 24GB Ram.

If you look at oss note 1496410 this has now been updated to cover this issue and the fix is to update the GLIBC package to the latest available.

Hope this work for you.

Regards

David Bright

dai_bright
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Nicholas,

Did you find a resolution to this issue as I have the same problem on my ERP6 EHP7 install on HANA.

Regards

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David.

It is a fresh install without any data migration to Hana?

Do you have enough memory available for HANA + ERP6 in your server?

Best Regards.

Osvaldo Dias Ferreira

dai_bright
Discoverer
0 Kudos

HI Osvaldo,

Yes this is a fresh install with seperate servers for HANA and ERP6.

The HANA server has 128Gb of memory and uses approx 50Gb after the ABAP import while the ABAP server has 32GB.

Regards

David bright

nicholas_bourgon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I never been able to fix that. I finally install it on SUSE linux instead and the installation ran perfectly without issue.

Nicholas