cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to update material , schema and classification number

0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Requirement is that we are getting file from third party  which contains material ,schema and classification code. But when tried to update table directly in GTS it is not supporting. Can you please advice any BAPI or Function module or any other solution for this functionality.

I did not get solution in forum with existing thread so posted new thread.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I assume that you have already loaded the Product master records into GTS.  If so, take a look (or get your developer to take a look) at program /SAPSLL/MARC_UPLOAD_R3.

Using that program, you can upload Product Classifications from a spreadsheet.  Depending on your situation, you might need to adapt it slightly (make a copy) to meet your requirements.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

we have to upload the material in GTS , at present we have file on application server which contains Material, Schema and Classification code.

Need any BAPI or program or any other method to upload this.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Amit

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Use the program given by Dave above /SAPSLL/MARC_UPLOAD_R3, you should be able to update it.

Thanks,

Shrini

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

If you can somehow make a Remote Function Call (RFC), then Function Module /SAPSLL/API_1006_SYNCH_MASS is the API to use for uploading the Product Master record.

Otherwise I think you will need to write your own upload program, based on the code in the above module.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Are you planning to upload product classifications for customs purpose or compliance purpose ?

Regards

Raj

0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

need classification for compliance purpose.

Regards,

Amit