cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account assignment category N Network is not visible in service purchase requisition

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Currently, I am working on SAP ECC 6.0 with EHP7 version which is recently upgraded for my client.

Here I am creating one service purchase requisition through project builder which system is allowing me to create. but it creates pr without having the N-network account assignment category in the respective pr. In the same pr item category is coming D-Service correctly.

However, i am able to see the relevant network and activity number in account assignment tab of service purchase requisition and also I completed end to end cycle of service procurement till service entry sheet and invoice booking on the relevant project to check that whether system is booking actual cost on network activity or not. to ensure the same, i checked few actual cost reports where in i am able to see the actual cost is booked on relevant network activity of the project.

Overall process with relevant functionality is working fine except N-Network account assignment is not visible in the relevant pr. can any one suggest me that why this is happening and what could be the reason.

Looking forward for your valuable advice which will help me to resolve above issue.

Thanks a lot.

Sandeep Theurkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since the PO shows the account assignment when you convert the PR this looks like a programming error when the PR is automatically created.  Put in an Incident to SAP. 

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since the PO shows the account assignment when you convert the PR this looks like a programming error when the PR is automatically created.  Put in an Incident to SAP. 

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look in MM configuration for the combinations of Account Assignment and Item Category that are allowed.  I believe it's under PR and PO.

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I have checked the MM Configuration for the said combination and it is correctly maintained in MM. I am facing this issue only for creating the service PR through project builder but when I create the PO with reference of same PR system is showing the account assignment category-N with item category D at PO header level.

Please refer below snap of service PO where in we can see N and D combination

I have created many service PR through project builder but system is not showing the account assignment category-N at PR header level. Still I am not abale to understand this strange behavior of the system.

Thanks.

Sandeep

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Is this behavior after the upgrade ? Do you have cases before upgrade, where the Account Assignment category at PR is visible

Regards

Terence

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

Before upgrade of ehp7, they were using project structure upto wbs element level only, not to the network activities level. In view of this, I don't think some one have tried to create the service PR through project builder before upgrade.

But now after upgrade they wanted to implement some of business scenario where in we need to use network with service activities. but now I am facing the above mentioned issue while creating the service PR through project builder.

Can you tell me that, ehp7 upgrade could be the reason for this issue. If yes then how to overcome from said issue.

Thanks.

Sandeep

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Can you please share the screenshot of OPTT transaction

Regards

Terence

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

Please find below screen shot for OPTT transaction for your reference.

Thanks.

Sandeep

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Can you goto this path and check whether combination of item category D and account assignment N combination is there or not .

SPRO - Materials Management - Purchasing - Account Assignment -  Define Combination of Item Categories/Account Assignment Categories.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought the same, if there is no assignment also, system is giving this message

Item category D can only be used with account assignment category

Message no. ME017

Regards

Terence

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ken.

I will raise this issue with SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Can you post image of account assignment tab of PO here. Helps in suggest you accordingly.

Regards,

Pradeep

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Please refer below snap for the same where in you can see the N-Network account assignment is not visible in PR header however, you can see the relevant network and activity number is updated in PR account assignment tab.

Looking forward for your valuable suggestion.

Thanks and Regards,

Sandeep Theurkar